Mindslave Dart

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Mindslave Dart

Post by ChangelingRain » #1675

Basically, a small blowgun disguised as a cigar that fires a dart which slaves any living human it hits to the firer.

When the dart hits a human it drops to the floor, and if the human is braindead/dead/catatonic/loyalty implanted it's still usable, otherwise, the human becomes slaved to the firer with a large, red message; "You feel a tiny prick and a surge of loyalty to the syndicate! (whoever fired the dart here) is your handler, obey them in all things." and the dart becomes unusable and an obvious piece of evidence.

If the dart misses/hits an invalid target it drops to the floor and can be reloaded into the blowgun.

The blowgun doesn't work with point-blank firing, meaning you have to be very careful when aiming it, otherwise your target is likely to run.

Telecrystal cost would be either 4 or 5 crystals.

(someone code this, it'd be cool)
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Re: Mindslave Dart

Post by Bombadil » #1706

Only 5 crystals and you too can enslave two players to you
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #1721

Would the person being enslaved be forced to do the actions under OOC punishment for not doing so?
For example, if I'm a slave and refuse to murder, then run to Security, will I be banned? I hope so.
Now here's a hypothetical for you :ugeek:
If I want to ERP with someone, and they tell me no, after I give them a Mindslave Dart to the neck will they be forced to ERP or is that considered rape? :shock:
Just typing ideas out, I'd love to see this added but don't think it ever will be. Imagine metafriends purchasing this just to make their friends traitors too. :roll:
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #1724

Rape is Rape, if you don't want to ERP you CANNOT be forced to do so no matter what as far as the rules are concernd, if you get mind slaved and are ordered to have virtual sex with the antag ahelp immediently.

Yes there is always the concern of people using it to help their "metafriends" (I use this term loosely, I'm more referring to people metacommunicating) get antag status. That would be something admins have to be vigilant for (Possibly alert admins to the usage of the mindslave dart?).

I hate anything that converts a non-antag to a antag as from my experience people LOVE to go out of their way to seek their antag status, Malf AI's borging machines spring to mind. Though I won't mind a mind slave dart since it would have a heafty cost attached to it.

Also anyone with a loyalty implant should be outright immune to the effects of the dart, we don't need to see mindslaved HoS's and Captain's too easily.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #1742

Lovecraft wrote:Would the person being enslaved be forced to do the actions under OOC punishment for not doing so?
For example, if I'm a slave and refuse to murder, then run to Security, will I be banned? I hope so.
Now here's a hypothetical for you :ugeek:
If I want to ERP with someone, and they tell me no, after I give them a Mindslave Dart to the neck will they be forced to ERP or is that considered rape? :shock:
Just typing ideas out, I'd love to see this added but don't think it ever will be. Imagine metafriends purchasing this just to make their friends traitors too. :roll:
Same rules as borgs.

5 TK is not too little: for 7 you get something that lets you subvert an AI or a borg, and can be used as many times as you want.
Steelpoint wrote:Also anyone with a loyalty implant should be outright immune to the effects of the dart, we don't need to see mindslaved HoS's and Captain's too easily.
And make implant deconvert.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #1767

I'd rather have that 'Syndi Reinforcements' idea which makes the next person to latejoin a traitor with an objective to help you. It's less open to abuse, and leads to fewer 'what-if' questions like mindslaving changelings for example, or another traitor who has an objective to kill you.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #1798

Cheridan wrote:I'd rather have that 'Syndi Reinforcements' idea which makes the next person to latejoin a traitor with an objective to help you. It's less open to abuse, and leads to fewer 'what-if' questions like mindslaving changelings for example, or another traitor who has an objective to kill you.
Make it not work on special roles, duh.

Making it work by physical contact means that you need to isolate yourself with a target, disable them and poke them. Instant "get-an-ally" button is meh.

Plus, that way you might get that insanely robust person you want or HoP you need for all-access.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1829

I'd think that the entire point of the Mindslave would be to get that insanely robust person as a guaranteed ally.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #1833

I do not like the idea. Its like you are turning traitors into evil revs. Even if the item is optional.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #1844

Sounds far to easy to get abused, and thus I think it needs more of a cost.

Also, you know half the people will just charge the implanter or fuck off and kill everything.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Fuzzeldorf

Post by Fuzzeldorf » #2908

AseaHeru wrote:Sounds far to easy to get abused, and thus I think it needs more of a cost.

Also, you know half the people will just charge the implanter or fuck off and kill everything.
make it so that it's policy to follow the person's orders, like goon and the mindslave implants
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #2919

Dident I just read you commenting to something about this sort of thing elsewhere?
I am confused.

EDIT

Yes, yes you did. Same thing applies,

Code: Select all

People follow policies? I had no idea. /sarcasm
But really, how many shitters do you see everyday shitting on everyone else in the game by doing moronic shit that violates policies?
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

Fuzzeldorf

Post by Fuzzeldorf » #2930

AseaHeru wrote:Dident I just read you commenting to something about this sort of thing elsewhere?
I am confused.

EDIT

Yes, yes you did. Same thing applies,

Code: Select all

People follow policies? I had no idea. /sarcasm
But really, how many shitters do you see everyday shitting on everyone else in the game by doing moronic shit that violates policies?
no matter what people will be shit, but most jump at antag status, and gives admins a reason to ban the ass
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #3078

What ass?
Or rather, which one?

Fuzzeldorf

Post by Fuzzeldorf » #3111

AseaHeru wrote:What ass?
Or rather, which one?
the person who will inevitably be shit, sorry if it sounded specific.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #3298

Allright, that makes sense.