Replace science lathe with omnilathe

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Replace science lathe with omnilathe

Post by Shezza » #413337

So after playing science for a couple of months i saw players constantly go to my departament and ask me for printable things.

Wouldn't it be great if we just were able to print these things for them?
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Replace science lathe with omnilathe

Post by Denton » #413341

Is this the mandatory weekly "remove techwebs" thread
You can uhhhhhh ask other department heads for their spare boards or just get the omni board from spess and maybe lavaland you know
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #413356

>You can uhhhhhh ask other department heads for their spare boards

Its nice to have 6 machines with different minerals in them in a huge confusing fuckfest
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #413375

I would also like to have the Omnilathe back. That is not a request to "remove techwebs", but the "departmental protolathes" portion that was shoved into the techwebs PR at the final stages. It is that part that steals a significant amount of interest from R&D. The Techweb update itself is tolerable.

Now, since everyone seems to hate Scientists having access to guns, could we at least have a "multi-lathe" that prints everything *except* security restricted items?
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #413377

Gun Hog wrote:I would also like to have the Omnilathe back. That is not a request to "remove techwebs", but the "departmental protolathes" portion that was shoved into the techwebs PR at the final stages. It is that part that steals a significant amount of interest from R&D. The Techweb update itself is tolerable.

Now, since everyone seems to hate Scientists having access to guns, could we at least have a "multi-lathe" that prints everything *except* security restricted items?
No pins anyway, let them print the guns there to avoid people having to split the mats more
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

Post by zaracka » #413379

i think this idea would make the game boring, to be honest

part of the problem seems to be other lathes not getting resources

which this PR is going to fix: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/37901
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #413396

> if I continue playing RND like a job maybe someone will give me all the goodies again.

Please don't do this to yourself.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #413399

> It is that part that steals a significant amount of interest from R&D.

Wow yeah it's almost like that's the point or something
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #413427

before the departmental lathes split, every time a new item was added to the game, pretty much the only job with a progression mechanic to add it to was R&D. this meant scientists as a job kept getting more and more powerful every single time something new was added, and having one job so absurdly powerful compared to every other job meant it was getting harder and harder to justify adding new stuff. half the point of the departmental lathes split was to fix this issue. going back on it by just handing them an omnilathe again would be stupid
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #413429

I mean on the scales of dumb shit each job can get R&D is pretty meh tier compared to kudzu, viruses, genetics, cargo and the singu.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #413435

ShadowDimentio wrote:I mean on the scales of dumb shit each job can get R&D is pretty meh tier compared to kudzu, viruses, genetics, cargo and the singu.
Don't forget xenobio, toxins, pre-nerf circuitry, and robotics
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #413464

ShadowDimentio wrote:I mean on the scales of dumb shit each job can get R&D is pretty meh tier compared to kudzu, viruses, genetics, cargo and the singu.
Cobby wrote:> if I continue playing RND like a job maybe someone will give me all the goodies again.

Please don't do this to yourself.
R&D IS NOT A JOB

also lol prior to the boh change they literally could make mobile singulos and do genetics
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #413467

Both of those are inferior to the proper jobs versions, who can do them better, faster, and without requiring mining to do their fucking job.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #413473

I've finished genetics @ rnd (pretech) faster than actual genetics with T3 parts.
ComradeNecron
Byond Username: ComradeNecron

Post by ComradeNecron » #413815

Has the omnilathe been removed from the Golem ship yet?
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #413816

ComradeNecron wrote:Has the omnilathe been removed from the Golem ship yet?
No, why would it be? It's not like it's the only one left or there's a reason to remove it. It's actually one of the harder ways for the station to get one.
ComradeNecron
Byond Username: ComradeNecron

Post by ComradeNecron » #413824

somerandomguy wrote:
No, why would it be? It's not like it's the only one left or there's a reason to remove it. It's actually one of the harder ways for the station to get one.
wait, there's more?
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #413857

ComradeNecron wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
wait, there's more?
Russian station (easy), derelict (hard), delta white ship (even easier but only works if the map is delta)
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #418637

it was the best science update and i was so glad to see it when i came back

donut do this
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle