Lets say, in theory, changelings got a special power when they absorbed every other changeling.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Lets say, in theory, changelings got a special power when they absorbed every other changeling.

Post by Armhulen » #413661

How strong should it be?
Horror form permanently with more powers to kill people?
Horror form that converts station members into changelings?
Other ideas?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Lets say, in theory, changelings got a special power when they absorbed every other changeling.

Post by Cobby » #413663

please don't say the two most dreaded c words in the same sentence.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Lets say, in theory, changelings got a special power when they absorbed every other changeling.

Post by Dr_bee » #413665

Armhulen wrote:Horror form that converts station members into changelings?
Oh god I am having PTSD flashbacks make it stop.

please no changeling buffs, ever.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #413666

I'd actually consider this a nerf. Changelings still have little to no incentive to kill eachother, so.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #413671

Isn't fun enough of an incentive?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #413675

Lumbermancer wrote:Isn't fun enough of an incentive?
you are speaking my LANGUAGE LETS GO.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #413676

seems like a dumb idea
what if if you were the last traitor standing you became SUPER TRAITOR and got a wizard spellbook??!
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #413693

you know how people groan whenever a blood demon shows up because they are really hard to kill, kinda OP, and make the round both predictable and unfun? What if we turned the blood demon into a player controlled bubblegum when they kill the wizard?
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #413775

better: make changeling a solo antag
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #413777

They'd add everyone to there hivemind. CLUSTERFUCK hivemind.
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #413826

Shadowflame909 wrote:They'd add everyone to there hivemind. CLUSTERFUCK hivemind.
THEIR
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #413842

Yamete armhulenn senpai.
► Show Spoiler
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #413918

Make it so each absorption of another Changeling transforms the changeling in a certain way, turning them more and more into a beast where they can't control their form.
Upon absorbing a changeling, you will have a mutation and a trait.
The mutations are always set to a strict table, and won't be able to alter. They are constant.
Traits are random however. They have a chance to be either good or bad, and they're selected from a list of traits. They are random.

Some mutations could be the growing of two more limbs (nonfunctional) and then later on having them become functional.
Some traits could be where they can no longer speak or may not be able to even hear.
As you absorb each Changeling, the Mutations will always work in your favour to where you'll become powerful, however it's taking a gamble with the traits. Some traits may make you fast, others may make you slow. Some may make you always angry (hostile intent), some may make you trip over constantly.

The point of the mutations will to be that the body is changing in unpredictable ways, as if Changelings aren't suppose to absorb each other, else this taboo shit happens. They go from humanoids that can transform at will to almost mindless creatures that are beasts to take down.

The cost of absorbing Changelings comes at the chance of negative traits, and no longer being able to stealth, as you always have visible, permanent mutations.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #414207

Uh. Don't we want changelings to kill each other? That sounds like too much of a debuff. I mean, that's why KOR gave them "fight each other" objectives.
► Show Spoiler
Dr. Chef
Byond Username: DrChef

Post by Dr. Chef » #414211

Armhulen wrote:I'd actually consider this a nerf. Changelings still have little to no incentive to kill eachother, so.
Not true at all. Some lings kill other lings. Same with traitors. Some will kill other traitors because they can.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #414287

Shadowflame909 wrote:Uh. Don't we want changelings to kill each other? That sounds like too much of a debuff. I mean, that's why KOR gave them "fight each other" objectives.
If you're referencing my idea, it's not really a debuff. You'll always get buffs, (around 6-8 depending on how much Changelings), and those guaranteed buffs will be powerful. I mean, two extra limbs are pretty powerful, that's a duel-esword, ebow and laser gun. You can also get a lot more buffs, not as powerful, but buffs never-the-less. It's even entirely possible to get nothing but buffs. The only guaranteed debuff is the lack of stealth, then there's a chance for other debuffs following that.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #414288

Jzoid wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:Uh. Don't we want changelings to kill each other? That sounds like too much of a debuff. I mean, that's why KOR gave them "fight each other" objectives.
If you're referencing my idea, it's not really a debuff. You'll always get buffs, (around 6-8 depending on how much Changelings), and those guaranteed buffs will be powerful. I mean, two extra limbs are pretty powerful, that's a duel-esword, ebow and laser gun. You can also get a lot more buffs, not as powerful, but buffs never-the-less. It's even entirely possible to get nothing but buffs. The only guaranteed debuff is the lack of stealth, then there's a chance for other debuffs following that.
You can't use other hands while holding two-handed weapons, even if you have extra hands