An alternative to dealing with head revs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
The Respected Man
Byond Username: The Respected Man

An alternative to dealing with head revs

Post by The Respected Man » #440991

That does not involve brutal murder or gulag (escapable)
But involves making them apart of the crew again, but it's no easy task.

I have a couple ideas.
1) Giving the headrev a swirlie for a minute straight will make their mind weak enough to accept a mindshield. A message will be displayed saying that the headrev looks spent. Something like "[NAME] looks regretful!" They will still be a headrev, but now you can mindshield them for the coup de grace. Assuming that it takes 3 seconds to give someone a swirlie, you'll need to swirlie the headrev 20 times to make their mind be more malleable.

2) Keep sacrificing your mindshields to a headrev and eventually the headrev will break. They're made of tougher stuff so 4-5 mindshields is enough to finally mindshield a headrev.

Add either one, or both altogether.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: An alternative to dealing with head revs

Post by John_Oxford » #441005

maybe add a certain sequence of events that can be vaguely constituted as torture that you have to conduct on the headrev to make them susceptable to a mindshield

make it randomized every round, but add a "NT Interrogation 101" book to the HOS's office depicting every action that is considered torture code wise.

maybe for bonus effect make the headrev have to complete some on screen mini game in a certain amount of time to resist the affects of the torture.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

The Respected Man
Byond Username: The Respected Man

Post by The Respected Man » #441014

John_Oxford wrote:maybe add a certain sequence of events that can be vaguely constituted as torture that you have to conduct on the headrev to make them susceptable to a mindshield

make it randomized every round, but add a "NT Interrogation 101" book to the HOS's office depicting every action that is considered torture code wise.

maybe for bonus effect make the headrev have to complete some on screen mini game in a certain amount of time to resist the affects of the torture.
Dude, it has to be simple. The coders have better things to do, which is why the suggestion is small and practical for their convenience.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #441705

if it's more complex than just killing them then security will just kill them 100% of the time
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #441706

Screemonster wrote:if it's more complex than just killing them then security will just kill them 100% of the time
Dunno about that, security usually tries to deconvert cultists even when I'm in full genocide mode.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #441724

Screemonster wrote:if it's more complex than just killing them then security will just kill them 100% of the time
i could see it being useful if it prevented the headrev from ever coming back. if you just kill the headrev they can be cloned, or if you gib them they could have been clone scanned in advance, etc
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #442293

PKPenguin321 wrote:
i could see it being useful if it prevented the headrev from ever coming back. if you just kill the headrev they can be cloned, or if you gib them they could have been clone scanned in advance, etc
this is why the advanced security player destroys the cloner and all medical/science personnel when theres a revolution

exactly this scenario!
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes