Loyalty Implants remove Antag status

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Loyalty Implants remove Antag status

Post by Psyentific » #2049

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Nobody ever promotes into Security, but also Command to a lesser extent, because there is absolutely no way to make sure they aren't a traitor. I've seen shuttles called because the Captain says there's not enough Sec to keep order. He could easily promote people into Sec, but out of an example four that show up for it? I'm willing to bet at least one would be an antag.

If you're going to protect authority roles from traitor, you ought to also make Loyalty Implants useful outside of Rev rounds.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Loyalty Implants remove Antag status

Post by Steelpoint » #2052

While I am not against the idea of implementing this, there would have to be REALLY STRICT rulesets on using loyalty implants since I know for a fact that people will abuse it and just implant everyone moving in and out of the brig.

In honesty it might be more effective to have only 2 to 3 unique loyalty implants that remove antag status, but cannot be ordered or acquired.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #2053

One thing that should be done if this ever becomes the case is that if you as much as attempt to implant someone, and they did not ask for it, you get banned immediately. ONLY if they ask first. Otherwise this is an absolutely horrible idea. Either you lose your antag status or show everyone that you're an antag.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #2056

Unfortunately you then start moving in to Rev territory.

It'll become a situation where you suspect/highly suspect someone of being a rev, and you decide to loyally implant them. If your correct your good, if your wrong your banned. That would be a bad way to approach this.

Hence either the deantagification has to come from an extremely limited item or not at all.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #2057

To be honest I don't really like post-roundstart alignment switches at all, they're rarely that fun to experience (unless you are intentionally looking for a griefing license, especially if you flip flop more than once in the round) and make roleplaying less possible and I'm including cult and rev in this.
If you've been working hard on something all round but then suddenly are recruited into the force you were working against, or simply are made to abandon what you were doing to pursue someone else's agenda... what was the point of all that?

Cult/Rev are probably lost causes here but I'd be pretty firmly against adding any more.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #2060

Yeah, security would start implanting everyone as an antag test. Really unfun. Here's some random thoughts about implants in an attempt to get this workable.

For starters, the message you get when getting implanted should def state you no longer remember ANYTHING about your former life. This kills antag testing for starters but also makes traitors more likely to work together. It should probably be more explicit that you're a mindless slave. It should also cause some damage of some sort to the target, so people don't like having this done to them. Basically, there needs to be enough negative effects that random usage on people is obviously griefing. It should also be something you can't do to people in the hallways. I'm thinking a kind of implant chair (we already have sprites for!) like you see in Half-Life 2 in that prison level or a host of other sci-fi works.

Even with all that, I'm not sure this would work, ya know? Egh, it's dangerous waters. I already don't like implants and I'd rather just see them removed.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #2065

Steelpoint wrote:Unfortunately you then start moving in to Rev territory.

It'll become a situation where you suspect/highly suspect someone of being a rev, and you decide to loyally implant them. If your correct your good, if your wrong your banned. That would be a bad way to approach this.

Hence either the deantagification has to come from an extremely limited item or not at all.
No, I'm not talking about rev. Rev is a fair game.

It also kinda makes little sense with lings. And cultists.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2069

Yeah, in hindsight this was a terrible idea. Mods please lock thread.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #2080

Locking on request of OP.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?