Expensive Economy Cosmetics/Items Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Expensive Economy Cosmetics/Items Suggestions

Post by Steelpoint » #453835

I've been currently brainstorming some minor concept of items that can be put on sale in departments. The idea is to have expensive items that are either a cosmetic (upgrade) or provide a minor boost or advantage over stock gear that dept has access too. The ultimate concept is to slowly encourage the crew to place """some""" value in the money they have and how they spend it.

In pursuit of this I've already made two PR's in this regard.
  • Security Webbing: Adds a 'Security Webbing' chest slot item to the SecVendor - Functions akin to a Sec Belt but has 6 slots instead of 5. (Merged)
  • Mini-Hypospray: Adds a 'mini-hypospray' to the Medical Vendors - They work akin to the standard Hypospray but can only hold 10 units each.
So the reason for this post is to ask people what they would like to see as items that can be bought. I'm not a good coder but I can still do simple concepts and somewhat ok resprites.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Expensive Economy Cosmetics/Items Suggestions

Post by Qustinnus » #453841

cat ears - 99999$
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #453851

Do the items have to be completely new ideas/unique items or can they be anything?

I like the sec webbing, so maybe it'd be cool to have a variant of that for medical purposes given that the medical belt exists? An extra slot can really help, especially if you're a roving doctor rather than one who just chills in medbay.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #453859

Advanced first aid kit - Has an advanced scanner, gauze, atropine autoinjector and pill bottles containing syntheflesh (15u) patches.
High performance engineering tools - Have shinier and sleeker appearances than normal tools and have 0.75 tool speed.
Energy Cuffer - A small device that, when used on a person, zipties that person with cuffs made of energy. Energy cuffs are weaker than normal zipties but the energy cuffer can produce them ad infinitum.
Iced tea/coffee - Found in coffee machines, iced tea is slightly more expensive due to being a more effective toxheal.
Cigars - Found in cigarette machines.
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #453889

Didn't we have one of these already?

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 72#p443660

Edit: in the OP you even say you've PR'd one of my suggestions.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #453891

Great minds think alike eh.

E: Difference is I guess is that I've made some PRs to take advantage of this.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #453910

I’m working on adding a bishop’s robe and hat to the chappie vendor. No real special effects, but a chaplain would have to collect a lot of tithes and donations to have a hope of affording it.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #454121

Farquaar wrote:I’m working on adding a bishop’s robe and hat to the chappie vendor. No real special effects, but a chaplain would have to collect a lot of tithes and donations to have a hope of affording it.
Make it make you only able to move diagonally
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #454131

Clown

Bananium E-Sword - 10000000 credits

Why? Slips got nerfed, and since the bananium e-sword slips you. You don't even get stunned you can just crawl and punch the bananium e-sworder.

Good meme item for the clown to get credits for

Edit: Please don't remove the budget cards. The service budget card has a good use. Since contraband plants cost money, I can ask the HOP to take money out of the service card so I can buy my strange seeds.
► Show Spoiler
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #454136

I took Anonmare's adv first aid kit suggestion and its now a PR

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41468
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #454139

Steelpoint wrote:I took Anonmare's adv first aid kit suggestion and its now a PR

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/41468
Clothes Mate

600$

Ancient Jumpsuit.

If it's gonna be a useless meme item for assistant traitors. it should be a useless meme item for all assistants as well
► Show Spoiler
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #454152

The Syndicate went to great lengths to preserve the ancient jumpsuit for the venerated Assistant whom will take the mantle.
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #454189

Bluespace/golden tray for chef. Holds twice as many food items (and only food items to prevent powergaming with it). Ginsu/Golden Chef knife, increases butcher/slicing amounts by 1. Bottles of things like soy sauce.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #454190

$10,000 - Dermal Patch : Relive the glory days
$1000 - SWAT Mask: Now you too can be a wannabe Deathtrooper
$1800 - Autorifle: Remember when someone wanted ballistic sec? Me neither.
$600 - SecHelmet with welded on Sec Mask: Pretend to be a gas mask mook, and die like one.
$1200 - Mini-Mini-Defibrillator: It fits on your belt, but only works once. You still won't revive that person.
$500 - Large bucket: Refill your weed plants with a double capacity water bucket. Waste it on slipping the Clown.
$800 - Engineering Webbing: Cause everyone needs a fucking webbing, no actual mechanical difference from the toolbelt. But hey, special snowflake visuals.
$120,666 - 100x Eguns and SWAT suits: Steal the RD's card and do what cargo does every round.
$5000 - SWAT Mk2 Combat Hardsuit: Wanna wear the Captains suit? Now you can buy the next best thing but it comes in grey (IronHawk not included)
$2000 - Aging Energy Gun: Relive the days of 10 stun round Eguns. Except this one won't recharge.

Being super serious, I'm not 100% for "golden" tools or variants BUT if someone sprites some I'd be happy to toss em in.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #454625

I've cleared the offtopic posts, economy has it's own thread to whine about it.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #454631

Steelpoint wrote:$10,000 - Dermal Patch : Relive the glory days
$1000 - SWAT Mask: Now you too can be a wannabe Deathtrooper
$1800 - Autorifle: Remember when someone wanted ballistic sec? Me neither.
$600 - SecHelmet with welded on Sec Mask: Pretend to be a gas mask mook, and die like one.
$1200 - Mini-Mini-Defibrillator: It fits on your belt, but only works once. You still won't revive that person.
$500 - Large bucket: Refill your weed plants with a double capacity water bucket. Waste it on slipping the Clown.
$800 - Engineering Webbing: Cause everyone needs a fucking webbing, no actual mechanical difference from the toolbelt. But hey, special snowflake visuals.
$120,666 - 100x Eguns and SWAT suits: Steal the RD's card and do what cargo does every round.
$5000 - SWAT Mk2 Combat Hardsuit: Wanna wear the Captains suit? Now you can buy the next best thing but it comes in grey (IronHawk not included)
$2000 - Aging Energy Gun: Relive the days of 10 stun round Eguns. Except this one won't recharge.

Being super serious, I'm not 100% for "golden" tools or variants BUT if someone sprites some I'd be happy to toss em in.
Make the captain able to buy a death squad suit for 1 billion dollars. He has a vendor, I think. Also, no one's ever gonna reach 1 billion. It's just a dream meme idea, and it gives captains something to work towards.

I mean bicycles are 1 million, and no one has ever reached that in the last year or so. I doubt someones gonna reach 100 million
► Show Spoiler
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #454641

I mean, for a joke I could add a 'SpecOps Vendor' with an array of Deathsquad level gear, with all of the items having absurd price values that would be unattainable even in the current economic climate. It'd serve a duel purpose as a joke but also to emphasize how expensive the 'standard issue gear' of the Deathsquad is.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #454728

Multi-function hats. Lets go full TF2 up in here.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #454839

Economy is so good we're spending our time coming up with things that are intended to not be used.
duckay
Byond Username: Duckay

Post by duckay » #457000

Hotel security helmet + armor/blueshirt items for the security vendor i forgot the name of mostly snowflake visuals (i think)
something