Xenobio crossbreeding changes

A place to record your ideas for the game.
powerfulPlutonium
Byond Username: PowerfulPlutonium

Xenobio crossbreeding changes

Post by powerfulPlutonium » #454809

So there are a few recipes that are pretty much worthless in entirety, namely Charged Metal and Charged Dark Purple. Charged Metal gives metal and plasteel, but you can get the same amount at less plasma cost just using regular extracts. Charged Dark Purple gives plasma sheets, but you can STILL get the same for less with normal extracts.
I think things could be changed around a bit.
Charged Metal should give something like a BOTTOMLESS or EXTENDED biobag. I know that the 25 item bag makes sense for roundstart balance, but this would be one you have to work to get.
Charged Dark Purple could be something like a temporary lava tile that fades after 10 seconds.
powerfulPlutonium
Byond Username: PowerfulPlutonium

Re: Xenobio crossbreeding changes

Post by powerfulPlutonium » #454811

Honestly if I felt like selling my soul and finally learning Byond code I'd try to make it myself, but I hear the tales of terror and I fear for my well being if I were to do that
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #456767

The extended biobag would be an easy code- you just make a child of the basic biobag and override the capacity (and give it a new sprite).

The lava tile would be a little harder. If you make the lava burn a hole in the station after it goes away it would be doable.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #457844

As someone who does a lot of xenobio i have a couple of changes and additions i think would be good.

Make stabilized sepia extract also slow down and speed up actions, this way its more interesting and not just plain worse then stabilized light pink extract.

One of the new crossbreeds should create a potion that lets you rename your gold slime creatures, this way you can give your sentience potion army fun names and also lets you tell them apart easier if you make multiples of the name species.

I made like 10 diamond golems one round as a traitor xenobiologist and coordinating them was a nightmare despite me giving out 5 agent cards.