Wizard VR

A place to record your ideas for the game.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Wizard VR

Post by srifenbyxp » #455730

Lets have it?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: Wizard VR

Post by Drynwyn » #457043

IIRC, spells are stored in the mind, and minds are constant between VR and real world. So a wizard VR might be a pain in the ass to code.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #457055

Drynwyn wrote:IIRC, spells are stored in the mind, and minds are constant between VR and real world. So a wizard VR might be a pain in the ass to code.
I'm pretty sure Wizard VR was supposed to be a thing. So a PR was added to make it so that skills don't pass around.

It's why in the syndicate simulator you can use CQC without knowing it outside of VR.

So It's already possible. It's just a matter of when.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #457058

They did change it to only keep ckey (but it was to fix a number of bugs rather than for wiz VR) so this is totally possible
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #457079

Wizard duels would be pretty fun.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #457628

somerandomguy wrote:They did change it to only keep ckey (but it was to fix a number of bugs rather than for wiz VR) so this is totally possible
Oh, neat.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #457629

I imagine that you need either a "VR Safe" spellbook or have pre-set spell allotments to avoid shenanigans such as Summon Guns/Magic/Ghosts, (S)Laughter Demons, Teleportation, and apprentices.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #457643

Gun Hog wrote:I imagine that you need either a "VR Safe" spellbook or have pre-set spell allotments to avoid shenanigans such as Summon Guns/Magic/Ghosts, (S)Laughter Demons, Teleportation, and apprentices.
not much of an issue seeing as that was done for uplinks (otherwise you could get a frame cart, load it up, and devolve the round into chaos with infinite TC)