Damn suicides

A place to record your ideas for the game.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Damn suicides

Post by adamkad1 » #456762

Can we make roundstart suiciders not be able to get ghostroles, look at those nerds go and suicide on warops just to get dat borg...
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: Damn suicides

Post by teepeepee » #456937

They'll just walk out an airlock or beat themselves into crit and *succumb instead
Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Post by Daxxed » #456966

Not the same thing but also another form of suiciding which can be frustrating for others.
>Shaft Miner main
>All shaft miner slots taken
>Observe hoping for ashliggers or maybe golems if very bored
>Two miners SSD or suicided and the third laying dead 5 tiles from the mining station, no ghost roles available
>Round takes another two hours

On topic:
Suiciding to roll for antag sounds alot like allowing yourself to be converted, however good luck enforcing that.
"I dont want to play warops" is a valid reason to suicide I believe.
If they are then lucky enough to get the borg roll oh well.

I like your suggestion though, ban suicides from any ghost role.
You didn't want to play the shift so you shouldn't change your mind after absorbing some ghostknowledge and getting lucky ( any fun ghost role, not just during ops )
Perhaps if people were encouraged to notify the highest in command to open another job slot or if people could offer their own character to the ghosts then my frustration would be gone too.
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #456969

Suicides are slowly getting more restrictive since they're a DNR action. Lately borgs were made so you couldn't be borged if you suicided, as well as not being able to take posi brains. Also, if a job you want is taken just roll assistant and jobchange at HoP.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #456978

Nalzul wrote:Suicides are slowly getting more restrictive since they're a DNR action. Lately borgs were made so you couldn't be borged if you suicided, as well as not being able to take posi brains. Also, if a job you want is taken just roll assistant and jobchange at HoP.
Keep in mind that on Sybil there’s usually no captain or HoP unless you’re playing on peak hours
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #456980

Don't go assistant, just go to your second choice and go to the HoP if one's available so if there isn't a HoP you aren't left greytiding the rest of the round.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #457841

Or just greytide into mining and be a miner anyway.

I think the suicide changes are silly, since it doesn't really stop anything. People will just realize that spacing yourself is how you roll for ghost roles if you're already playing, and we'll be in the same spot except without the funny suicide action eastereggs.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"