Add halal and kosher food preference traits

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Add halal and kosher food preference traits

Post by Kryson » #460974

Now that the vegetarianism trait PR has been merged i think it is time to implement something similar for our Muslim and Jewish brothers and sisters.

Want to sue the station for Antisemitism after you "accidentally" eat a Super Bite :burger: Burger and puke all over the kitchen, well you need this trait implemented!

Need a fitting punishment for the Muslim chaplain that keeps disarming you while you are trying to have a drink at the bar? Tie him up and feed him bacon, that will surely dampen his mood if he has picked this trait. :pigman:

Do you think this is a good idea?

It seems quite easy to implement.

Discuss
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Re: Add halal and kosher food preference traits

Post by Ispiria » #460988

This is a world where religious representatives regularly and successfully pray for the manifestation of flying monkey deities, and you want us to cater to two very specific religions because they exist out of canon?
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #460989

Ispiria wrote:This is a world where religious representatives regularly and successfully pray for the manifestation of flying monkey deities, and you want us to cater to two very specific religions because they exist out of canon?
Yes.

I also im pretty sure Islam exists in canon given the existence of Qurans in the game.

If you create food preference traits related to the flying monkey religion or Carp'sie adherents, i would support you.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #461048

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to accurately replicate halal food preparation in ss13 without a bucketload of effort just to cater to low effort memers
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #461090

Kryson wrote:Muslim chaplain that keeps disarming you while you are trying to have a drink at the bar? Tie him up and feed him bacon, that will surely dampen his mood if he has picked this trait.
Assalamualaikum. It's only haram if you're eating it by choice. If someone forces you to eat it it's not your fault and therefore Allah will punish them and not you.
Surah Al-Baqara, 173 wrote:He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah.But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless.For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #461118

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not possible to accurately replicate halal food preparation in ss13 without a bucketload of effort just to cater to low effort memers
► Show Spoiler
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #461148

That's probably too much. But when thinking about rework of food and cooking, I thought it would be nice to add a food-preference trait, but with a specific existing meal (sufficiently rare and difficult to make), which would give a lengthy moodlet.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #461149

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not possible to accurately replicate halal food preparation in ss13 without a bucketload of effort just to cater to low effort memers
I had plans for this but
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #461317

I am not saying that this type of trait would require an imam bless the meat and have it slaughtered in accordance with Islamic law.

I am not a big codeman but i wouldn't implementing the Halal food trait would be as simple as adding the PORK, SPIDER and BLOOD tags to appropriate foods and then checking for them. (Bacon, some burgers, Rice and pork, blood soup, spider dishes would receive these tags).

Kosher would be slightly harder because combinations of dairy and meat are disallowed.

I could probably get a PR going if people think it is a good idea.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #461618

gay
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: