Guys the thermal drill go get it.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Guys the thermal drill go get it.

Post by JusticeGoat » #461979

Can we buff mining drills to have the ability to be attached to the safe, it takes 3 - 5 minutes for it to drill though and unlock it while making lots of noise? It could even be a attachment kit bought though a uplink if needed.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Guys the thermal drill go get it.

Post by BeeSting12 » #461983

Mounted Thermal Drill:
Five rods
One metal
One glass
Five cable coil
One mining drill

Takes five seconds to craft. Once crafted, it acts like a crate and can be pulled around. Rotate it with alt click. The drill must be facing the way you want it to drill (duh). You can bolt it down with a wrench. Once bolted down, you can use the computer to turn it on. It's extremely noisy and takes a certain amount of time depending on the material. The computer will give a time estimate on when the drilling will be done and flash red when it's jammed.

Grilles: 1 second
Windows: 3 seconds
Reinforced Windows: 6 seconds
Windoors: 10 seconds
Glass Airlock: Thirty seconds
Regular Airlock: One minute
Walls: One minute thirty seconds
Metal-Reinforced Airlock: Two minutes
Plasteel-Reinforced Airlock: Three minutes
Vault/AI Upload Airlocks/Reinforced Walls: Four minutes
Safe: Five minutes

It has a chance to jam every tick. The jam must be cleared by clicking the drill with help intent. This takes five seconds.

If, by chance, a person gets in the way of the drill, they will take 10 brute damage per second until they get out of the way or go into critical. If they remain standing up while in front of the drill and in critical (buckled to a chair or similar), the drill will start randomly pulling out organs from the torso and groin after fifty damage has been done (-150).

Miner traitors have the option to buy an advanced thermal drill computer, which is applied to the drill to improve its stats: all drilling times are cut in half, brute damage is doubled, and the chances of jamming are lowered.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #462060

Hmm this meme isn’t original but I like the idea of an engi setting up a drill on an rwall he needs to break and comin back later instead of having to break it manually.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #462064

confused rock wrote:Hmm this meme isn’t original but I like the idea of an engi setting up a drill on an rwall he needs to break and comin back later instead of having to break it manually.
The jam chance would mean you can't leave it running
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #462073

Shut the up
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #462476

Times are too long compared to dissasembly with tools/airlock hacking. 5 minutes for the safe is good, but there would be no reason to use this for anything else.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #462611

Just use a stethoscope like God intended you fucking heathens
Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Post by Daxxed » #462756

Sounds cool for the safe and vault doors but a miner with a sonic jackhammer can already break Rwalls in a matter of seconds.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #464461

Get the fuck up