replace hivemind by bringing back shadowlings

A place to record your ideas for the game.
the_shrouded_lord
Byond Username: Theshroudedlord

replace hivemind by bringing back shadowlings

Post by the_shrouded_lord » #463969

You've essentially recreated the slings, except you stripped any fun from it. Hivemind has so many similar core concepts to slings, but you fuck up the delivery by making vessels completely autonomous and actively able to work against the hive, and unlike slings, you cant even fight back once youve been found out. I won't even lie, I came in AFTER shadowlings were removed, but I've played around with old codebases and seen enough shit to notice the patterns. At the very least from what I've played, shadowling is actually goddamn fun unlike hivemind. How about we bring it back instead of continuing this farce by pretending hivemind is in any way shape or form a remotely fun antagonist. Players hate hivemind, its a fucking mess, vessels have all the incentive to fuck over the hives, AND ARE GIVEN THE NAMES OF THE HIVES THE SECOND THEY'RE IMPLANTED, and the hives themselves have no actual way of gaining a combat advantage against a single sec officer, let alone an entire station looking to lynch them. Do I expect you to re-add slings? Fuck no, so fucking get rid of this mode, because slings are the only way to save this half aborted monstrosity.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: replace hivemind by bringing back shadowlings

Post by PKPenguin321 » #463970

this, but the second part can be any mode
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
the_shrouded_lord
Byond Username: Theshroudedlord

Post by the_shrouded_lord » #463971

Or hey, why not go back to the darkspawn testmerge from ages ago, that thing was fucking nuts. It had badass sprites and everything, and it was abandoned. I'd actually love to see that OR shadowlings replace hive-stended
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #463972

Getting mind controlled and being forced to jump out of an airlock isnt very fun chief

I don't know why this mode is the way it is. But the coder clearly didn't expect the levels that people would go to, to grief with it even when it's against their objectives to do so.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #463975

Replace it with infiltrators :^)
Erik489
Byond Username: Erik489

Post by Erik489 » #463979

Ah, darkspawn. I only seen it in play once and I loved every second of it. I was a chef, and the next thing I know is a horrible screeching filled the air, and ALL the lights blew up. I scrambled maintenance for any source of light, eventually finding a glowstick. I ran towards escape, only to find two huge monsters slaughtering people. It really captured the feeling of paranoia of not knowing what is around the dark corner, or what the fuck you are up against. Instead, efforts are focused on this side antag instead of revisiting older game modes.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #463984

Erik489 wrote:Ah, darkspawn. I only seen it in play once and I loved every second of it. I was a chef, and the next thing I know is a horrible screeching filled the air, and ALL the lights blew up. I scrambled maintenance for any source of light, eventually finding a glowstick. I ran towards escape, only to find two huge monsters slaughtering people. It really captured the feeling of paranoia of not knowing what is around the dark corner, or what the fuck you are up against. Instead, efforts are focused on this side antag instead of revisiting older game modes.
Ah. I wish Xhuis actually made that the side antag.

That was so much more fun.

Now we just have ethereal jaunt shadow people with armblades to murderbone with.

Much less fun than scaring the crap out of people with paranoia and killing them with heart attacks once their stress levels got to an all time high.
► Show Spoiler
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #464154

This isn’t part of the vision the coders have for their server. Naming policy and economy are more important. Can we close the thread please?