Giving the entertainers cool functions.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Mooshimi
Byond Username: Mooshimi

Giving the entertainers cool functions.

Post by Mooshimi » #469053

Things that could be added only clown/mime can do:
Animal balloons.
Limit the ability to use some instruments like the bike horn to their lone use.
Juggling!

I don't know, just some neat things they can do that ISN'T TERRORIZING THE STATION.
Maybe give a mood buff to people who see them do neat things like this.

The goal of this is to get them to actually act like entertainers, and not greytides without even maint access.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Giving the entertainers cool functions.

Post by Lumbermancer » #469056

Sweet, naive, innocent Mooshimi. All you get is a clown car.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #469060

Dont disrespect those lovely thespians again!

Don’t you know they’re all doing a live action piece about the rampant crime aboard the research station?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #469075

Mooshimi wrote:Limit the ability to use some instruments like the bike horn to their lone use.
No, no, a thousand times no. Honking a clown with their own horn is a tradition.

:honk:
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #469183

Hmm, being creative and interesting the crew in a roleplaying game is too hard, so we should just give roles a one-dimensional item or ability to spam instead. or maybe limit the bike horn to clown, just like we limited tasers to security, made assistants unable to read, made only shaft miners able to survive lavaland heat, banned anyone who started conflict as nonantag, and made only doctors able to open pill bottles.
Stillplant
Byond Username: Stillplant

Post by Stillplant » #470293

Juggling sounds like it would be cool. I picture it like this: Clowns and mimes can juggle arbitrary objects, the more objects they juggle, the slower they move. If somebody interacts with them in any way, everything they are juggling drops to the floor, with a random chance of hitting the head of the juggler on anybody adjacent. Grenades go off randomly. Guns discharge in a random direction. Containers spill their content. Carded AIs get Ion laws. MMI's turn into syndicate MMI's thralled to a random crewmember (not the juggler). Supermatter shards dust the juggler.
Morris
Byond Username: Morris - exe.cute

Post by Morris » #470591

Make clowns, and only clowns, able to hard stun with banana peels and other slips.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #470608

Morris wrote:Make clowns, and only clowns, able to hard stun with banana peels and other slips.
JUST their PDA.

I like the balloon animal idea. Limit dumh instruments to them only, or make clowns mimes able to use all instruments, along with people with musician trait.
[this space reserved]
Morris
Byond Username: Morris - exe.cute

Post by Morris » #470719

wesoda25 wrote:
Morris wrote:Make clowns, and only clowns, able to hard stun with banana peels and other slips.
JUST their PDA.
you got a deal
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #470723

>mime
>entertainer
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #470881

Stillplant wrote:Juggling sounds like it would be cool. I picture it like this: Clowns and mimes can juggle arbitrary objects, the more objects they juggle, the slower they move. If somebody interacts with them in any way, everything they are juggling drops to the floor, with a random chance of hitting the head of the juggler on anybody adjacent. Grenades go off randomly. Guns discharge in a random direction. Containers spill their content. Carded AIs get Ion laws. MMI's turn into syndicate MMI's thralled to a random crewmember (not the juggler). Supermatter shards dust the juggler.
That does sound pretty hilarious
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #470928

Stillplant wrote:Juggling sounds like it would be cool. I picture it like this: Clowns and mimes can juggle arbitrary objects, the more objects they juggle, the slower they move. If somebody interacts with them in any way, everything they are juggling drops to the floor, with a random chance of hitting the head of the juggler on anybody adjacent. Grenades go off randomly. Guns discharge in a random direction. Containers spill their content. Carded AIs get Ion laws. MMI's turn into syndicate MMI's thralled to a random crewmember (not the juggler). Supermatter shards dust the juggler.
They should be able to catch other things that crew members toss to them while juggling to add to what's being juggled as well
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #616186

mime should get some abilities like bonbon and chuchu

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #616230

oranges wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:55 am
That does sound pretty hilarious

Code: Select all

/obj/item/proc/juggle_drop_act(mob/living/carbon/juggler)
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?