I died to timestop

A place to record your ideas for the game.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

I died to timestop

Post by imsxz » #469211

timestop is one of the most effective spells for a wizard to take, and its on a 60 second cooldown. giving infinite of that to a scientist who may or may not be antag or looking to hunt antags with no cooldown is silly balance.

myself and a quite a few other gamers can get reproductive or recurring sepia in time for, say, war ops to arrive (~20-25 mins). with how little counterplay to timestop exists and how simple and disgustingly effective it is, it's obvious something needs to be toned down a notch or three.

I propose reworking xenobiologies timestop into a time slowing field instead, which wouldnt hardstun everyone in a 4x4 radius, but slow them down and their projectiles (to a level reasonable enough that the invoker would have enough time to apply a bruise pack or simply run away)

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: I died to timestop

Post by oranges » #469217

made your title less clickbait
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #469223

Something Imsxz couldnt counterplay? my god. It isnt like that was gotten at the end of a hour and 40 minute extended round, and the scientists were literally in one easily attacked location for almost that entire time to make it.

If only there was something you could have done to stop them! But alas, everything must be beatable without prior preparation, because thats how the big brains play the bideo gaems.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #469236

Dr_bee wrote:Something Imsxz couldnt counterplay? my god. It isnt like that was gotten at the end of a hour and 40 minute extended round, and the scientists were literally in one easily attacked location for almost that entire time to make it.

If only there was something you could have done to stop them! But alas, everything must be beatable without prior preparation, because thats how the big brains play the bideo gaems.
Found the science main. I like how you not only think they take 100 minutes to get, but that people should powergame and kill xenobio immediately to prevent valid hunters from getting their valid on. Shitty shit with no counter play is, surprisingly, shit.
[this space reserved]
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #469247

if you die to timestop as nuke op where you have fast boy equipment then you might be bad
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #469248

iksyp wrote:if you die to timestop as nuke op where you have fast boy equipment then you might be bad
I don’t think you understand stand how it works. Melee nuke ops get fucked. Even gun nuke ops get fucked, since bullets get stopped. Its insane and unfair. Now that I think about it, you could use them to easily cheese the shuttle (although thats funny tbh).
[this space reserved]
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #469249

wesoda25 wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:Something Imsxz couldnt counterplay? my god. It isnt like that was gotten at the end of a hour and 40 minute extended round, and the scientists were literally in one easily attacked location for almost that entire time to make it.

Found the science main. I like how you not only think they take 100 minutes to get, but that people should powergame and kill xenobio immediately to prevent valid hunters from getting their valid on. Shitty shit with no counter play is, surprisingly, shit.
and 2 shot crit ranged weapons that you can get from minute 1 arent a problem? If you are unprepared you will get fucked, Thing you dont plan for will fuck you, thats kind of what this game is.

Dont expect the crew to be as weak as they are roundstart if you wait on your hands before killing them, or that the crew shouldnt use ways to fight back when an antagonist goes super loud.

Antag rounds arent sacred, if you get fucked over by non-antags it is your fault. Antagonists start out more powerful than the crew, but eventually the crew gets toys too.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #469250

wesoda25 wrote:
iksyp wrote:if you die to timestop as nuke op where you have fast boy equipment then you might be bad
I don’t think you understand stand how it works. Melee nuke ops get fucked. Even gun nuke ops get fucked, since bullets get stopped. Its insane and unfair. Now that I think about it, you could use them to easily cheese the shuttle (although thats funny tbh).
Consider not pressing the button that gives the crew a giant warning and 20 minutes to prepare for your arrival.
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #469252

wesoda25 wrote: I don’t think you understand stand how it works. Melee nuke ops get fucked. Even gun nuke ops get fucked, since bullets get stopped. Its insane and unfair. Now that I think about it, you could use them to easily cheese the shuttle (although thats funny tbh).
I know exactly how it works
melee ops are bringing knives to gunfights, and gun ops having their bullets stopped only would really happen if someone used time stop as cover
even then it's a 3x3 square (unless it was changed), so just maneuver around it
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #469258

i get where youre coming from but if the only in-game solution is to preemptively murder people before they can set it up when they may or may not even intend to do so in the first place, there may be an issue there
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #469325

As long as chilling sepia remains the same. I have fond bloodbro memories of us killing our targets and all bystanders with chainsaws + chilling sepia.

I you want to nerf both of them i suggest moving the current functionality of the plain sepia extract to charged sepia.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #469329

Kryson wrote:As long as chilling sepia remains the same. I have fond bloodbro memories of us killing our targets and all bystanders with chainsaws + chilling sepia.

I you want to nerf both of them i suggest moving the current functionality of the plain sepia extract to charged sepia.
What does chilling sepia do again
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #469332

somerandomguy wrote:
Kryson wrote:As long as chilling sepia remains the same. I have fond bloodbro memories of us killing our targets and all bystanders with chainsaws + chilling sepia.

What does chilling sepia do again
wiki on chilling sepia extract wrote:Sepia - Touching someone with it adds them or removes them from a list. Activating the extract stops time for 30 seconds, and everyone on the list is immune. Tap yourself. Reusable.
Its a strong timestop and your buddies are immune, its perfect for blood bros.

Its insanely strong at the moment, it should probably not be reusable. Duration could also be lowered if the plan sepia extracts are nerfed.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #469339

Wait what the hell why is it reuseable
The only thing that should be afaik is recurring and reproductive
That might be a bug
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #469340

make the sepia time stop duration smaller so you cant really kill/cuff people without using a lot of them
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #469358

bee i know you have trouble accepting the fact that science can be too strong at times but it takes ~20 minutes to get a recurring sepia extract if you're unlucky, 10-15 to get the sepia themselves which are already good enough for wiping out anything.

its not like giving it a slight nerf would infringe xenobiologys right to utterly fuck over anything late game with its millions of other options anyways. dont get me started on sentient green spiders making a horde of self antagging monsters.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.