make antags retain clumsiness as clown, and pacifism as pacifist

A place to record your ideas for the game.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

make antags retain clumsiness as clown, and pacifism as pacifist

Post by imsxz » #472134

maybe let clown revheads use flashes properly via snowflake but otherwise ehh.

pacifism speaks for itself. dont take it if you really care about winning as an antag for whatever reason. it's +2 quirk points and gets removed outright when you roll antag, meaning you might have extra quirks with no downside. not a huge deal but small advantages add up quickly. it's an opt-in debuff, there's also plenty of ways to work around it even if you're tryharding. i say this as someone who takes pacifism on a character regularly.

clown antags should retain clumsiness for some of the same reasons mentioned above. you can opt out of rolling clown as well via selecting other jobs or requesting a job ban if you really really hate clown antag, I did the same with curator because I kept getting curator antag. Clowns that get converted to antag still retain their clumsiness, it's not unbearable. It defeats the point of the role to take away their clumsiness when they roll roundstart antag.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: make antags retain clumsiness as clown, and pacifism as pacifist

Post by wesoda25 » #472144

FUCK FRIENDLY ANTAGS FUCK FUCK FUCK

also imsxz you’re actually stupid disable random job its not hard
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #472176

It would be nice if you could sorta have an antag trait list and a non-antag list also, since people might want to take pacifism for the memes without ruining their own antag rounds.

I suppose you could use it to sorta metagame if a person is antag by if they don't have their default trait list, but you could do the same if a person is in a role you know they'd never choose. And anyway, can't you do that at the moment with pacifism being removed? Does pacifism get removed if you're converted to antag (cult, revs), or just if you're a roundstart antag?
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #472229

Pacifism is removed if you're a roundstart antag, or get converted to one.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #472230

Fun fact, you can still murder the station like crazy as a pacifist, you just have to do so via indirect means. There really is no reason to remove the trait besides giving antags a lazy out and 2 free trait points.
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #472259

zxaber wrote:It would be nice if you could sorta have an antag trait list and a non-antag list also, since people might want to take pacifism for the memes without ruining their own antag rounds.

I suppose you could use it to sorta metagame if a person is antag by if they don't have their default trait list, but you could do the same if a person is in a role you know they'd never choose. And anyway, can't you do that at the moment with pacifism being removed? Does pacifism get removed if you're converted to antag (cult, revs), or just if you're a roundstart antag?
That's already how it works. Get a health HUD and examine someone that normally has pacifism, if they don't they're an antag(or just removed pacifism for whatever reason).

you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #472260

wesoda25 wrote:FUCK FRIENDLY ANTAGS FUCK FUCK FUCK

also imsxz you’re actually stupid disable random job its not hard
I do have random jobs off, it gives you a random role regardless if you have on "return to lobby" and fail to get a job you wanted with antagonist.

zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #472280

imsxz wrote:
zxaber wrote:It would be nice if you could sorta have an antag trait list and a non-antag list also, since people might want to take pacifism for the memes without ruining their own antag rounds.

That's already how it works. Get a health HUD and examine someone that normally has pacifism, if they don't they're an antag(or just removed pacifism for whatever reason).
Alternatively, if Pacifism is removed upon conversion like Hathkar says, you could periodically examine someone who had pacifism before to see if you can still trust them during cult/revs. Though, I would guess that in practice, acting on that knowledge might grant you an audience with an admin.

The real question is why are traits even visible on a health monitor? Most of them have little bearing on anyone else and I would suspect almost no one decides how they're going to attack or interact with a person based on what traits the person has. Visible to ghosts is one thing, but why should anyone care that I took heavy sleeper?
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #472417

out of the scope of this thread. any reasons that antags shouldn't keep pacifism? kinda silly that they lose an opt-in debuff. Clown antag is a bit more questionable given you can random fill into it and might get cucked but I think it's a necessary evil to stop the wretched gunclown menace.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #472419

imsxz wrote:out of the scope of this thread. any reasons that antags shouldn't keep pacifism? kinda silly that they lose an opt-in debuff. Clown antag is a bit more questionable given you can random fill into it and might get cucked but I think it's a necessary evil to stop the wretched gunclown menace.
>want to play as a pacifist doctor
>turn on the pacifism trait and set doctor to high
>luck does not go my way and instead i get librarian
>i also keep the pacifism trait so now ive basically wasted a traitor roll on a job that cant do anything remotely traitorous
that is why antags should lose pacifism
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #472437

PKPenguin321 wrote:
imsxz wrote:out of the scope of this thread. any reasons that antags shouldn't keep pacifism? kinda silly that they lose an opt-in debuff. Clown antag is a bit more questionable given you can random fill into it and might get cucked but I think it's a necessary evil to stop the wretched gunclown menace.
>i also keep the pacifism trait so now ive basically wasted a traitor roll on a job that cant do anything remotely traitorous
Oh no, youll have to figure out how to do your objectives with CREATIVITY instead of just toolboxing your way to victory.

You can kill people as a pacifist, if you dont want to deal with pacifism dont take the trait.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #472442

I'd say this would work well for traitors, but as long as they don't get given assassinate objectives along with it to balance it out

Sorta hard to see how people being converted to cult could still be pacifists though
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #472476

Dr_bee wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Oh no, youll have to figure out how to do your objectives with CREATIVITY instead of just toolboxing your way to victory.

You can kill people as a pacifist, if you dont want to deal with pacifism dont take the trait.
>want pacifism as nonantag
>too bad you have to have it as antag too
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #472505

better idea.

quirks shouldn't show up on medical scanners.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year