Remove the bad moodlet for the clown not wearing clown stuff.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Remove the bad moodlet for the clown not wearing clown stuff.

Post by datorangebottle » #476130

If the clown doesn't wear one part of his clown gear(His shoes/mask I think?) He gets an increasingly bad moodlet: "I am a disgrace to comedy everywhere!". Why? He has a wardrobe full of costumes that he can't use without steadily going insane. Mime, meanwhile, gets all the leeway to play dressup. Das dumb.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Remove the bad moodlet for the clown not wearing clown stuff.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #476132

why not just remove moodlets in general for making me gain the bad feelings
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #476133

Shadowflame909 wrote:why not just remove moodlets in general for making me gain the bad feelings
Agreed haha.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #476141

>taking off your shoes
You deserve everything that comes to you TBH. Maybe the masks should be added under the moodie but you shouldn't be demasking yourself as clown or mime
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #476143

Yakumo_Chen wrote:You deserve everything that comes to you TBH. Maybe the masks should be added under the moodie but you shouldn't be demasking yourself as clown or mime
What about sexy mime/clown mask? Do they count or should we remove them?
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #476145

Yakumo_Chen wrote:>taking off your shoes
You deserve everything that comes to you TBH. Maybe the masks should be added under the moodie but you shouldn't be demasking yourself as clown or mime
Then why have any masks/shoes in the vending machine? As long as they're wearing costume clothes, they should be fine. How are we supposed to have epic owl/griffon rounds if the owl gets depressed because he's wearing his costume.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476161

never got the "clowns HAVE TO wear shooooos" circlejerk. like yeah it's easily a sign of being more robust or whatever, but it's not fucking required
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #476179

PKPenguin321 wrote:never got the "clowns HAVE TO wear shooooos" circlejerk. like yeah it's easily a sign of being more robust or whatever, but it's not fucking required
It because wearing the shoes is a significant gimp, and if you take them off you're probably either a mega powergamer or up to some shady shit.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #476195

actioninja wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:never got the "clowns HAVE TO wear shooooos" circlejerk. like yeah it's easily a sign of being more robust or whatever, but it's not fucking required
It because wearing the shoes is a significant gimp, and if you take them off you're probably either a mega powergamer or up to some shady shit.
or you just want to wear a pirate costume and be a pirate?

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #476199

PKPenguin321 wrote:never got the "clowns HAVE TO wear shooooos" circlejerk
That's because you lack any cultural identity of your own.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #476202

lol imagine being the type of clown to not wear your shoes.
[this space reserved]
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #476207

just make the things in the costume wardrobe count for clowning
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476449

Lumbermancer wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:never got the "clowns HAVE TO wear shooooos" circlejerk
That's because you lack any cultural identity of your own.
*takes off shoes as clown*
this kills the shoefag
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #476457

*People suddenly became aware of the problems with moodlets*

Ree forcing an action all round down someones throat limits creativity aaaa
► Show Spoiler
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #476458

remove the mood debuff, make the clown valid though. fuck shoeless clowns, on par with talking mime imo. why play the role at that point?

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #476466

Shadowflame909 wrote:*People suddenly became aware of the problems with moodlets*

Ree forcing an action all round down someones throat limits creativity aaaa
You forgot to read the character sheet.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #476512

imsxz wrote:remove the mood debuff, make the clown valid though. fuck shoeless clowns, on par with talking mime imo. why play the role at that point?
Because you want to be a creative funnyman instead of one that's just some shitter in a clown costume who's obnoxious and dabs?

If the whole reason you play the clown is for the shoes, maybe you should just roll assistant and order a costume crate.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476514

imsxz wrote:remove the mood debuff, make the clown valid though. fuck shoeless clowns, on par with talking mime imo. why play the role at that point?
*takes off clown shoes*
:ugeek:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #476555

First they came for engineers jumpsuit - and I didn't speak out because I was not an engineer,
Then they came for clowns shoes - and I didn't speak out because I was not a clown,
Then they came for security uniforms, again, and there was no one left to speak for me.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #476570

I fucking hate the mime talking shit, since mimes just use pda to talk which is against the SPIRIT of silence, and just a shity workaround. Menawhile clowns who remove shoes are blatantly powergaming so they ought to be ganked.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476596

confused rock wrote:I fucking hate the mime talking shit, since mimes just use pda to talk which is against the SPIRIT of silence, and just a shity workaround. Menawhile clowns who remove shoes are blatantly powergaming so they ought to be ganked.
*takes off shoes specifically to make you upset*
:lol:
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #476599

Why do people get upset when doctors don't heal people?
Why do people get upset when cargo doesn't order anything?
Why do people get upset when engineers don't set up power?
Why do people get upset when Chef/Botanists don't make food?
Why do people get upset when borgs don't follow their laws?
Why do people get upset when clowns don't dress like clowns?

Because it's their damn job.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476608

The clown is a performer. It is his job to perform, and costumes are often used to do so, hence why he is given an entire vendor of costumes
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #476612

he didn't have the costume vendor originally, and I can guarantee you that even before the clown clothing moodlet stuff that 85% of those costumes weren't used.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #476688

iamgoofball wrote:he didn't have the costume vendor originally, and I can guarantee you that even before the clown clothing moodlet stuff that 85% of those costumes weren't used.
You can't guarantee that, and if even you could, what's your point? That the 15% of people that run gimmicks involving other costumes can fuck themselves? I don't think so, shoefag. *takes off clown shoes* :twisted:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #476690

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:he didn't have the costume vendor originally, and I can guarantee you that even before the clown clothing moodlet stuff that 85% of those costumes weren't used.
You can't guarantee that, and if even you could, what's your point? That the 15% of people that run gimmicks involving other costumes can fuck themselves? I don't think so, shoefag. *takes off clown shoes* :twisted:
actually I can guarantee it, because I added stat logging to the costume vendors, and in the PR I made to remove unused costumes, we found that they were mostly all unused

oh wait, i cant show you those stats because lol github ban
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #476755

I did the thing

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/42791

Please post here why this is terrible and will forever ruin /tg/station
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #476767

>One of the most established aspects of game design is that players hate punishments but love rewards, even if the two are identical effects with different feels. So this change has solid design backing it.

Oh no, I died, this is so punishing.
No worries, we will add thousands of meme ghost roles so you can keep playing.

Oh no, I have to walk from botany to chemistry to get my mutagen, this is so punishing.
No worries, we will merge chemistry and botany.

Oh no, I've picked a roleplaying funny-man job, wearing the iconic outfit is a minor inconvenience.
No worries, we will make it so you don't have to.

So how long before SS13 is officially declared dead?
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #476854

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:You deserve everything that comes to you TBH. Maybe the masks should be added under the moodie but you shouldn't be demasking yourself as clown or mime
What about sexy mime/clown mask? Do they count or should we remove them?
I actually meant the opposite, they should make the other masks count under the moodie, just so long as the clown is wearing a costume mask of some kind.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #476858

I should probably point out I wasn't saying I personally want the change, I was simply pointing out that, all things being equal, a reward is more liked than a punishment. If you want to argue that the punishment is still necessary, that's fair. There are concerns much greater than being liked. Dying is a punishment and nobody is advocating for removing that!
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter