Page 1 of 1

Give the hivemind boss a fancier halo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 pm
by adamkad1
Because they deserve it right? also would make it easier to find them among all the people

Re: Give the hivemind boss a fancier halo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:32 am
by datorangebottle
adamkad1 wrote:Because they deserve it right? also would make it easier to find them among all the people

Hiveminds don't need a nerf. They still need buffs even after the most recent changes. One bad hivemind makes all of them lose the round, epic.

Re: Give the hivemind boss a fancier halo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 am
by Shadowflame909
I hope I get to see hivemind after the changes.


Pre-change at least for me, it was basically just 0 tc traitor on hard mode, because it was easier for sec to find you, so you were getting valid hunted at roundstart.

The only OP skill you had was Mind-control, but it was so limited in duration that you couldn't really do much with it. If you wanted to get someone lynched, they'd have to already have a lethal weapon on hand. So it was basically just the airlock walkies power

Re: Give the hivemind boss a fancier halo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 am
by datorangebottle
Shadowflame909 wrote:I hope I get to see hivemind after the changes.


Pre-change at least for me, it was basically just 0 tc traitor on hard mode, because it was easier for sec to find you, so you were getting valid hunted at roundstart.

The only OP skill you had was Mind-control, but it was so limited in duration that you couldn't really do much with it. If you wanted to get someone lynched, they'd have to already have a lethal weapon on hand. So it was basically just the airlock walkies power

I played it a little while ago, it was still really hard. I got promoted to HoP, was able to stop cargo from ordering mindshields and broke the supply consoles, killed the hivemind that fucking outed us, got my objectives done...

and promptly lost when the captain tried to mindshield implant me because the other hivemind i murdered got cloned. Epic. It's just way too easy to discover them and they're not very good at defending themselves even with the changes.

Re: Give the hivemind boss a fancier halo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:28 pm
by adamkad1
you know that hivemind boss is stunproof (or so i heard) and such, but also, is the only person that can convert? the convertees need a way to differ him, and if you survived to be last man standing, you dont suck

Re: Give the hivemind boss a fancier halo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:46 pm
by somerandomguy
adamkad1 wrote:you know that hivemind boss is stunproof (or so i heard) and such, but also, is the only person that can convert? the convertees need a way to differ him, and if you survived to be last man standing, you dont suck

Assimilating doesnt convert and the hivemind host isn't stunproof at all

Re: Give the hivemind boss a fancier halo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:53 am
by Kierany9
Because everybody is here seems to be on a different page, OP is referring to the halos hivemind hosts and vessels get when they use the recently added (very late game) One Mind power, in which the host and every single vessel becomes a part of the pink halo gang and proceed to bully the fuck out of everybody else. If One Mind gave the boss as much power as an ascended shadowling for example, I'd definitely give him his own halo, but as it stands, outside of being immune to a few things and having a couple of okay AOE stuns, most of the power comes from the swarm of vessels and the ability to communicate with them effectively.

datorangebottle wrote:...killed the hivemind that fucking outed us, got my objectives done and promptly lost when the captain tried to mindshield implant me because the other hivemind i murdered got cloned. Epic. It's just way too easy to discover them and they're not very good at defending themselves even with the changes.


if a hivemind gets cloned when you had a power that not only gibs them but also gives you free shit for doing so and is in the first batch of unlocks, that's on you buddy