Event: Lavaland Evacuation

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Phony_Name
Byond Username: Phony_Name

Event: Lavaland Evacuation

Post by Phony_Name » #476635

Synopsis:
In the aftermath of a nuclear emergency round, Syndicate has destroyed the station. Follwing the Delta-level declaration, the surviving heads led a mass evacuation took place through mining bay. The survivors that made it off station find themselves stranded in lavaland, with no telecommunications, no long-term atmospherics, food, and only the equipment they had on-hand when Delta was declared. Now in the mining base, the survivors must find a way to survive and escape, or, even better, survive and accomplish the station's objectives after the unthinkable happens.

Breakdown:
This is a no-antag round, save Ash Lizards, Megafauna, hostile interactions with Golems, and the Lavaland Syndie Base. Each player spawns with a backpack containing the main materials for whatever his job was onstation, with one locker per department being filled with various noncraftable items, with Lavaland base containing an ORM, a R&D console, protolathe, circuit printer, and autolathe. Each department has its own goal which is basically getting itself functional via constructing their own space on lavaland, and continuing the work done in space. After the station is functional, the survivors have the option to build some advanced telecommunications item allowing them to request an evacuation from centCOMM, or finishing the station goals and redeeming the captian for his failure.
SYBIL
Hypernoblium IV - Shaft Miner, Cargonian, Engineer, Hydroponics
Sophia Morrow - HoP
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Event: Lavaland Evacuation

Post by datorangebottle » #476670

Sounds more like an occasional admin event than something that spawns as an obvious roundtype, even if I like it a lot.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #476724

What if we made entire maps with one special game mode in mind? Like, instead of Metastation, you would be on Lavaland_Evac as the map, fully telling players before round start what the mode will be. This would let people who don't like the game mode at least skip it via observing or server-hopping. You could use this also to limit the available jobs for the survivors; atmos techs probably aren't needed, since IIRC you can recover O2 from Lavaland's atmosphere and thus would be a maybe ten minute job for one person. Genetics and Viro are probably also not necessary, nor (sadly) is Robotics. Or you could let people spawn as those jobs anyway for RP's sake, I guess. On the other hand, while there would likely not be an AI, there might be three borg slots.

As for the game mode itself, it sounds like fun for the occasional round. I like the idea of having to build a comms array to request evac (possibly one that requires a research node near the end of the tree, and/or the structure requires an item from a megafauna). In order to survive, several departments would need to work together, getting power, and atmos up, and then get research chugging along. Minerials will be needed, and we could even have periodic waves of fauna attacking to give people something to fight. A failure condition should probably be added, such as a time limit (thematically, a particularly violent ash storm is on its way and will wipe out the ash storm?), so that the game doesn't drag on if too many players die. Perhaps set a fairly short time limit but give each department a task they can do to postpone the failure, so that obviously doomed games are over quicker?
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Phony_Name
Byond Username: Phony_Name

Post by Phony_Name » #476728

Yeah, the goal of this would be to be a one-time or maybe, if it goes well, some-time event, that players have to opt-into rather than a regular round.
SYBIL
Hypernoblium IV - Shaft Miner, Cargonian, Engineer, Hydroponics
Sophia Morrow - HoP
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #476771

So planetstation but actually possible?