Roundstart Engine Selection

A place to record your ideas for the game.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Roundstart Engine Selection

Post by MMMiracles » #477215

I recently had a poll put up asking about the status of Donutstation's engine and while the majority still preferred the singularity, there was still quite a few who would rather see the SM in its place. It got me thinking about a more round-about way of giving both sides a choice depending on the engineering team, so I'm getting some feedback on the idea before I bother starting on it.

Every map would have it's engine gutted and replaced with a generalized construction zone, ideally all about the same size to work with barring any significant issues due to map placement. The CE's office now spawns with an engine beacon, which can be used to summon a set of pre-set engines (probably something external that each map dictates as a possible valid engine). Similar to the station charter, if an engine isn't picked soon after round-start the option gets locked and whatever default engine the map is assigned will spawn in. Ideally this will be similar to shuttles where you see the hyperspace bubbles and if you don't move out of the way you get squished (roundstart rev tosses CE under the rapidly approaching engine for ultimate irony). I thought about letting them decide to not spawn in an engine in at all for DiY projects but I feel like that'll get abused more than anything to ruin rounds.

Is there anything immediately abuseable with this idea? I can't think of anything major and I feel like this will give some variety to maps and give people the option between what they want to deal with that particular round.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Roundstart Engine Selection

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #477496

Been suggested like three times, everyone likes it when it’s suggested, nobody ever codes it. The circle of life.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: Roundstart Engine Selection

Post by actioninja » #477608

Fuck this, I don't want to have to deal with the singularity and tesla on even more maps.