Space Valhalla

A place to record your ideas for the game.
OrbisA
Byond Username: OrbisA

Re: Space Valhalla

Post by OrbisA » #52571

Bottom post of the previous page:

as long as we can simulate somehow the place not having air (ie: having the ghost body not breathing, inmune to pressure and the area void of air), the lag would be reduced quite a bit.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #52572

youngbuckliontiger wrote:Just like when ghosts click on narsie, they become a harverster.
TIL clicking on narsie etc

Also this idea rocks +1
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #52574

I don't think adding in a few mock up battle arena's will bring the server to a standstill.

There are two ways I can see going about this idea.

A: A cycling arena that changes from round to round, as suggested above this could involve different areas/scenarios with different weapons.

B: A single arena that never changes.

I think option A would be more appealing since it adds more spice to the arena
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #52575

OrbisA wrote:as long as we can simulate somehow the place not having air (ie: having the ghost body not breathing, inmune to pressure and the area void of air), the lag would be reduced quite a bit.
Unsimulated tiles exist for that exact reason.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #52576

Wait.

This could be what we use z7 for.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #53957

I would love just a small ghost bar, and I'm sure most people would too. What I suggest is combine the two ideas in the thread and have them spawn in A) The Centcomm Bar, and B) Map a way to the thunderdome from the bar. Of course, this would lead to people suiciding to go deathmatch in the dome, but we could fix that by having the Thunderdome doors openable by Admin Only. All this would take is a bit of mapping and admins willing to have some fun.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #54103

Vekter wrote:Wait.

This could be what we use z7 for.
its already used for new space content
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #55873

Any progress on this idea?
I definitely have to add my +1 to the idea. Would really give the /tg/ servers something kinda unique in itself as well.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #55934

not really since any other server can just port it if they want
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #55935

miggles wrote:not really since any other server can just port it if they want
True, but...
Start the craze, be the craze.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #57708

I think I've posted my support for this idea every single time it pops up, and that support does not end now.

It'll solve a lot of problems, really. Ends the salt from yet another stupid death, in a game filled with stupid deaths. Relieves people of aggression, possibly even terminally aggressive people. The worst offenders KNOW that there'll be a place of infinite fighting, feasting and carousing on the other side, so they'll probably top themselves off the bat and leave the less hostile players to the game proper. Even then, their numbers will be a drop in the lake.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #65777

Yeah, the area wouldn't need atmos because it's just a place for random physical violence. The mobs should never leave that area so whether they can breath or not doesn't matter.

They don't need to be human mobs with gear and shit. Just make them simple mobs and sprite some dumb viking looking dudes.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #65782

I still campaign for ghost bar.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #65784

Ghost anything really. Although all our bitching is for naught unless a coder decides to work on it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #65837

One thought I've been having on the arena front is just to reuse old stuff but with an emphasis on limited resources. You'd have 4 spawn runes in the corners, which would basically just work like golem spawners but spawn you as a random human instead and the rest would just be a free for all area. The key to it is theres only so much gear to go around but in the way the arena is closed theres also no way that gear can decrease. It becomes a game of both managing the resources and staying alive. However some resources are stationary. The single recharger, the burger dispenser, a machine that lets you toss in a body for a healing pill. Sure if you manange to craft a stun prod plant yourself on the recharger you might feel pretty good at first. But the next thing you know you're starving and someone who's pried up two dozen floortiles is kiting you with their full hunger bar.

I don't think the code end would be too difficult. It would just be kind of making a new golem rune that spawns humans and doesn't dissapear on use and some tweaked gibbers to spit out prizes instead of just meat. I've never done mapping before so that might take more effort if I were to try this project.
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #65900

An0n3 wrote:Yeah, the area wouldn't need atmos because it's just a place for random physical violence. The mobs should never leave that area so whether they can breath or not doesn't matter.

They don't need to be human mobs with gear and shit. Just make them simple mobs and sprite some dumb viking looking dudes.
You could have the thing that spawns people give them all a disease that gives heat resist and self resp. No need for warmth or breathing.

You could even give them all weight even if you dont want to add a ghost bar (you monster) or dont want it mandatory.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #66330

There's a ghost bar on centcom
There's a ghost bar on centcom
There's a ghost bar on centcom and it's been there for ages.

Apparently nobody listens to me. It has monitoring panels and everything so you can kick back, drink, watch the crew, and talk amongst yourselves. Pray to be respawned in it when you're dead. Attacking/griffin' other bar patrons will result in your ghost bar membership getting revoked and you'll have to just watch other people relax and enjoy it as an actual ghost. Don't fuck it up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #66357

Dont people who get captured by ninja nets end up there? I recall one round where the first guy a ninja captured was a changeling, and it proceeded to eat every other person the ninja captured
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #66440

I still want Space Valhalla televised on the Bar TVs.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Marflow
Byond Username: Marflow

Post by Marflow » #89659

The orginal Space Valhalla would work, I'd go there. I agree that it does give extra incentive for people to join for job and suicide for not getting antag etc. But that can be amended pretty much completely by having the Space Valhalla open when round has been going for some arbitrary time like 30 minutes. Most active/nonboring rounds usually last only 30ish minutes and if the round goes over it, there's going to be tons of ghosts with absolutely jack shit to do aside from drones, potentially posibrains, simplemobs or golems.

The "Why have game inside a game" is not really valid since good portion the jobs already are games within games. Botany, virology, science, genetics and mining for example.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #89664

Looks like Marflow is a necromancer, because this thread is back from the dead

Anyways, this thread is full of great ideas that I would love to see in the game.
Maybe instead of an alternate area for ghosts to fight, you could just allow them to enter a form on the station that allows them to punch each other but doesn't allow them to interact with anything besides each other.
Traitor gibs you in an explosion and you're salty as fuck? Both of you can become ghost warriors and fight to the ghost death over the spot where you just died.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89699

Marflow wrote: Most active/nonboring rounds usually last only 30ish minutes and if the round goes over it, there's going to be tons of ghosts with absolutely jack shit to do aside from drones, potentially posibrains, simplemobs or golems.
I doubt the average active round lasts only 30 minutes, because that's about one minute longer than the asbsolute minimum round time possible without admin intervention.

(20 minutes shuttle refuel, + 6 minutes red alert shuttle, + 15 seconds docked assuming you rush the cockpit with an emag from space, + 2 minutes in-transit) for a total of 28 minutes fifteen seconds.

assuming nobody's coherent enough to speed everything, the minimum is

(20 minutes shuttle refuel, + 10 minutes shuttle, + 3 minutes docked, + 2 minutes transit) for a total of 35 minutes.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Marflow
Byond Username: Marflow

Post by Marflow » #89709

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Marflow wrote: Most active/nonboring rounds usually last only 30ish minutes and if the round goes over it, there's going to be tons of ghosts with absolutely jack shit to do aside from drones, potentially posibrains, simplemobs or golems.
I doubt the average active round lasts only 30 minutes, because that's about one minute longer than the asbsolute minimum round time possible without admin intervention.

(20 minutes shuttle refuel, + 6 minutes red alert shuttle, + 15 seconds docked assuming you rush the cockpit with an emag from space, + 2 minutes in-transit) for a total of 28 minutes fifteen seconds.

assuming nobody's coherent enough to speed everything, the minimum is

(20 minutes shuttle refuel, + 10 minutes shuttle, + 3 minutes docked, + 2 minutes transit) for a total of 35 minutes.
The exact number is largely irrelevant, I threw the half hour out of my ass. Point was that after the arbitrary time limit, which I offhandedly suggest to be 30 minutes, there probably are ghosts for variety of reasons regardless of gametype but it's long enough time that people won't commit to mass suicide at chapel solely to gain instant access to Valhalla.