Make it so you can't put C4 onto a bomb.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Make it so you can't put C4 onto a bomb.

Post by datorangebottle » #477835

You know, with a red message like "This is probably a bad idea."

It's a really shitty interaction that you can pay 1tc to completely invalidate the minimum timer for a syndicate bomb and just instantly wipe out part of the station with little to no effort or risk needed.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: Make it so you can't put C4 onto a bomb.

Post by actioninja » #477857

Make ttvs impossible to instant open first and then you have an argument.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #477858

You know you can just put signallers in the syndie bomb to make it go off by remote, or any secondary explosive really (even a PDA explosion from DetoMax will set it off),

Or take the payload out, attach signallers to the C4's wires and leave them close together to create a remote bomb that can fit in lockers/bags/smuggler satchets/etc.

Removing the interaction is kinda pointless
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #477874

actioninja wrote:Make ttvs impossible to instant open first and then you have an argument.
okay, but that generally kills you
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #478006

yo dawg I heard you like bombs so I put a bomb on yo bomb so you can explode while you explode

Frankly I'd agree that the delay from syndiebombs should be on TTV's as well, although people would complain about removing the wires. And if you don't remove the wires, what's the point?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #478055

Maybe we should go the other direction and lower the minimum timer on syndiebombs, but make it like TTT where the longer you set the timer the harder it is to defuse
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #478118

Alternate solution: keep everything as it is.
[this space reserved]
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #478139

wesoda25 wrote:Alternate solution: keep everything as it is.

alternative solution: no

syndie bombs should not be easy to set off unless you're fucking up disarming it.

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #478150

Just make bomb cores not explode from explosive damage. It is a simpler change that would solve this problem.

Fluff it to being an explosive that needs an electric charge to detonate or something.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #478151

Better idea, the longer the bombs timer is set for, the stronger the explosion will be, to a point.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #478152

datorangebottle wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:Alternate solution: keep everything as it is.

alternative solution: no

syndie bombs should not be easy to set off unless you're fucking up disarming it.
put signaler on bomb wires

SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB

WE GET SIGNAL
MGP
Byond Username: PME

Post by MGP » #478177

>Spend almost all of your TC
>For one hole, that will just be fixed in a few minutes by the guaranteed Engie-borg.
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #478222

MGP wrote:>Spend almost all of your TC
>For one hole, that will just be fixed in a few minutes by the guaranteed Engie-borg.
this is such a lie because no engineer in EXISTENCE is going to bother fixing all of the damage a bomb causes, NO ONE, maybe they'll patch up the breach, but the shuttle will already get called the instant a bomb is heard going off because it's such a pain in the goddamned ass to fix.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #478229

Vile Beggar wrote:
MGP wrote:>Spend almost all of your TC
this is such a lie because no engineer in EXISTENCE is going to bother fixing all of the damage a bomb causes, NO ONE, maybe they'll patch up the breach, but the shuttle will already get called the instant a bomb is heard going off because it's such a pain in the goddamned ass to fix.
Thats more just the nature of bombs in this game. Explosions do so much fucking damage that it takes 30 minutes to fix all of the problems one bomb can cause, and thats an entire round these days.

Plugging the hole is usually the most an engineer can do without derailing whatever plans they had for the round. God help them if they want to try fixing the pipes and disposals damaged by a the bomb, or deal with all the superficial damage like blown lights and scorched floor tiles.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #478233

Does signaling the wires actually work? I swear I tried it once in a test server and couldn't get it to go off, concluding that some snowflake code was in place to prevent that sort of thing.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #478308

zxaber wrote:Does signaling the wires actually work? I swear I tried it once in a test server and couldn't get it to go off, concluding that some snowflake code was in place to prevent that sort of thing.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/42806
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #478310

Karp wrote:
zxaber wrote:Does signaling the wires actually work? I swear I tried it once in a test server and couldn't get it to go off, concluding that some snowflake code was in place to prevent that sort of thing.
Thats an issue with logging, not the bomb detonation itself. Meaning a bomb which explodes via clicking and setting a timer is logged, but not one exploded by pulsing its boom wire.
[this space reserved]
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #478311

wesoda25 wrote:
Karp wrote:
Thats an issue with logging, not the bomb detonation itself. Meaning a bomb which explodes via clicking and setting a timer is logged, but not one exploded by pulsing its boom wire.
Oh balls you're right

sorry i'm on 0 hours of sleep