Medical hyposprays

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Medical hyposprays

Post by Kryson » #482170

There have been talks of 4dplanner'ing the sleepers to just prevent patients from dying, and instead relying on the chemist to supply healing chems. This works well on several other codebases where the medfridge is often filled with a dozen or so drugs midround. As long as the CMO player keeps the chemists in line this should not be too unreasonable to achieve.

Some of these codebases have medical hyposprays to easily deliver these drugs, these work like the CMO hypo but can only be filled with medical chems.

This is a very nice way to top people up with a little healing mix or quickly stabilize patients with some atropine. It also makes medchem overdose a more viable offensive option for medical traitors, blood brother and others as an alternative to the classical aids syringe.

I suggest adding this item and gating it using credit cost by either adding it for a high price in the nanomed vendor or in a cargo crate. The price should be greater than what a doctor can afford without help, making the CMO feel more important and giving him a bit more leverage over his staff.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Medical hyposprays

Post by Shadowflame909 » #482173

Change the players first then the code
► Show Spoiler
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #482175

Shadowflame909 wrote:Change the players first then the code
No, that is the impossible. You cant keep medical in this braindead barebone state and hope that magically competent players will choose to play medical roles.

Playing surgeon, doctor or CMO on servers with baymed like systems is a blast, no matter the RP level, and medbay is actually often well staffed. The code is the main issue, if the code is changed the players will change.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #482195

We already tried this, and it didn’t work.
[this space reserved]
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #482234

We have syringes, pens for the most vital drugs, and even syringe guns work for an instant release. The cmo hypo is perfect, it’s a nice benefit for the head of staff without being job defining (lmao rd gets fucking armor hop gets a dog) and I don’t think the difference being what can be put in it makes sense- arbitrary as hell, and “did the dead cmo put poison in this hypospray or is he a good doctor” is my favorite guessing game.