Making plasma men suffer perma death

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Do you think dying as a plasma men should be perma death?

Yes
63%
No
25%
Xeno-Ruin
13%

Total votes: 16

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Making plasma men suffer perma death

Post by Shadowflame909 » #482553

So my idea is that upon death, all the plasma leaves the bones of the plasma people, leaving items and remains much like soul shards and dying to the hierophant.

Except there'd be 1 tile of plasma above their gear.

The reason for this is that it is still viewed like it should be a challenging race, by maintainers and admins alike.

Yet more and more new plasma men players see it's buffed state and no longer view it like that.

So with this change every fight for a plasma men becomes Megafauna levels of dangerous.

Would you be opposed? Would you like the challenge? Leave your thoughts below.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Making plasma men suffer perma death

Post by somerandomguy » #482559

Way too much of a nerf, also given their cloning issues they basically already are permadeath
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #482561

i'll vote for anything that gimps nonhumans
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #482565

I actually dont hate this idea; I've never played plasmaman but if the point is to make it "hard mode" ss13 then "perma death" is about as hard mode as it gets.

my only tweak suggestion is to make them cause a flash fire when they die instead of merely a tile of plasma. I'd rather the plasma get burned up and the "risk" to the crew is the quick fire around when they die. Creates some cool strats for glorious death obj plasma traitors, or strats in general for antags targeting plasmamen. It might be too much to have a walking flash-fire bomb about the station but just a thought.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #482599

Yeah they basically already suffer perma death, this seems really unfair and fun for plasmamains. And this is coming from the guy who thinks all nonhumans should be removed.

Just give plasmamen slowdowns again, it shouldn’t have been removed in the first place.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #483066

wesoda25 wrote:Just give plasmamen slowdowns again, it shouldn’t have been removed in the first place.
t. someone who didn't play plasmamen before the slowdown

spend the entire round with a duffelbag on your back, and never remove it from your back. It's fucking aids.

Also, this change would just lead to shitty escalation. "Oh, I was a plasmaman and he tried to fight me, so he was trying to permanently remove me from the round, so of course I gibbed him."
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #483100

Yeah, it does sound like it would cause even more issues with escalation. Considering you wouldn't be able to bring a plasmaman back, would any fight that involves killing a plasmaman be treated the same as if they had intentionally cremated them?

It would be neat if plasmamen had alternative methods for cloning/reviving, though. What if the plasmaman's body (not items or clothing) dusted except for the skull, and placing the skull into a room with high temperature and pressure plasma would reform their body? It would mean getting a plasmaman back still takes quite a bit more effort than placing them in a cloner and hitting a button, but it would be possible and not terribly difficult to do.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #483121

datorangebottle wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:Just give plasmamen slowdowns again, it shouldn’t have been removed in the first place.
t. someone who didn't play plasmamen before the slowdown

spend the entire round with a duffelbag on your back, and never remove it from your back. It's fucking aids.

Also, this change would just lead to shitty escalation. "Oh, I was a plasmaman and he tried to fight me, so he was trying to permanently remove me from the round, so of course I gibbed him."
To add to this: if the suit doesn't give slowdown, fucking gut the plasmaman hat. Make it only prevent them from being set on fire by their own stupid body. currently it's flash/weldproof, has a light on it, and is spaceproof. They should have to change hats in a fucking shower or w/ a fire extinguisher or something, not have this super cool 'permanent' hardsuit helmet. Nobody should be able to spacewalk with just a fucking firesuit.

furthermore, there are other downsides to being a meme. AFAIK they can't get mutations or nanites. Cloning them is super fucking difficult, as is performing literally any surgery on them- they can't get augments or advanced surgeries nearly as easy as other species. You might start out 'superhuman', but as the round goes on the humans start to chuckle at you as they slip you with their freezing blast eyes and TKing you into a locker, welding it shut with their integrated welding tool, then dragging you out into space and giggling while you fucking die.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #483123

the same downsides other non human races have

And that they've had since creation

All in all, they need a new one
► Show Spoiler
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #483129

Noty. People already try to defib dead plasmemes even when told that they don't have hearts. In addition to that, a lot of people don't care enough to babysit plasmemes that are cloning.

I think that's already a big enough penalty for dying.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #483146

Whatever then, maybe instead of shitty brute mod (bad solution subject BAD!!) we can give them some sort of firey aspect as a form of nerfing, makes sense too. Maybe sharp class weapons have a chance of piercing their jumpsuit, igniting them instantly and randomly igniting them and leaking bits of plasma afterwards.

Point is, perma death is not a good solution.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #483181

you can give plasmaman an heart and defib em
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #483185

Shadowflame909 wrote:the same downsides other non human races have

And that they've had since creation

All in all, they need a new one
??????
Lizard, fly, and moths have DNA and blood, pretty sure. Not so sure about ethereals. They can all definitely get augments and advanced surgeries, and can be cloned.

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #483192

so does plasma man just do it under one of the 20 showers the station starts with