Ratvar Lives! Kinda...

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Ratvar Lives! Kinda...

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #484764

Many remember Clock Cult fondly, if not as a game mode, then as a piece of fluff and lore in the weird sci-fantasy that is SS13.

In the depths of Lavaland, His broken, shattered husk remains. The corpse of a god. But a god can not die so long as there are those who believe in them, and worship them.

Give those of us who remember the Way of Brass a way to awaken a fragment of His power, and let the followers of Nar'Sie remember why the color of brass fills their corrupted minds with fear.

With sufficient effort, material, tools, and equipment, I believe you could be able to salvage the RNG corpse of Ratvar that spawns in Lavaland, and turn it into a reskinned, Ratvar themed exosuit with a few extra toys, themed around the old Clock Cult spells.

OP? Over powered? Not if you need to haul down each piece of the chassis, extract the materials from Ratvar without getting caught by various fauna that are lured in by the pained cries of a dying god being harvested for parts so it may live again, and fully assemble the Ratvar avatar.

Perhaps only the foul magics of the followers of Nar'Sie awaken the spark within Ratvar, drawing Him to resume His eternal battle against the Bloody Geomancer.

Regardless of how, or why, or the means to achieve it, Ratvar should be allowed to once again walk the halls of the station, even if in a greatly diminished form, because the followers of His cult have been scattered to the stars, hunted by the inquisitors of Nanotrasen.

But we are still here, and we have basked in His glory, and we WILL find a way to awaken Him. Even without His Ark, He is HERE. We need merely fix Him, and you fools lead us right to our broken god.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Ratvar Lives! Kinda...

Post by D&B » #484812

Nobody remembers CC fondly
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #484821

Erase all evidence of Clock Cult ever existing from the code.
Bring back papercult.

Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #484823

D&B wrote:Nobody remembers CC fondly
Might not be someone of importance, but I am somebody, so your statement is factually incorrect.
InsaneHyena wrote:Erase all evidence of Clock Cult ever existing from the code.
You can erase Him from the physical realm again, but He is still in our hearts and minds, so you can never truly destroy Him, NT scum.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #484847

I'd be happy if someone would just make a Ratvar AI hologram. I mean, we already have one for Narsie.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #484924

The fluff was the best part of Clock cult to be honest. It was detailed lore that sadly wasnt fully implemented. Adding clock cult powers as loot for curators and chaplains would be a neat thing to add, as the powers are still in the code. Implementing methods of getting it would be the hard part, as you really wouldnt want to see people rush it every chance they got.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #484928

Why can’t removed things with good sprites just stay dead?
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #484937

Dr_bee wrote:The fluff was the best part of Clock cult to be honest. It was detailed lore that sadly wasnt fully implemented. Adding clock cult powers as loot for curators and chaplains would be a neat thing to add, as the powers are still in the code. Implementing methods of getting it would be the hard part, as you really wouldnt want to see people rush it every chance they got.
Which exactly part is cool about xhuis' OC Donut Steel who's so much better than Nar'Sie?
Bring back papercult.

ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #485516

I do...
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #489552

I do >_>
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #489571

The mode was confusing, but CC was still pretty cool. The gameplay would probably have to be rebuilt from the ground up to fix the problems, however.
► Show Spoiler
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #489692

Farquaar wrote:
The mode was confusing, but CC was still pretty cool. The gameplay would probably have to be rebuilt from the ground up to fix the problems, however.
I'm not looking to bring back yet ANOTHER antagonist mode. I just want to take the best part of the mode, the look and little bit of lore. There is no other use for brass, but having the option to completely salvage the Ratvar ruins and get a nifty little reward for it seems pretty awesome to me. With the mining rework that's tooling about, I figure it'll give the Explorers and Curator a nice end game goal.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #489698

Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #489710

legoscape wrote:
I do >_>
i loved it
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #489798

I do...

The mode was deeply flawed, but it was cool, and admin-spawned clock cult rounds are often quite fun (when used in moderation/only occasionally).

Maybe just add a borg upgrade board to the ruin that turns the upgraded borg into a clock cultist borg (until they're deconstructed, so people don't make human cultists by disassembling a clock cultist borg, removing the brain from its MMI, putting the MMI in a monkeyman, and then cloning or defibbing the monkeyman) or an upgrade disk for autolathes that'd let them print those upgrade boards (and brass?)?
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #489812

I never played it but what I hear of it makes me a bit curious :)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #492388

I do
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #492414

FloranOtten wrote:
I do
Sure you do pal
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: