opt out of the big fucking text department heads get to use

A place to record your ideas for the game.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

opt out of the big fucking text department heads get to use

Post by terranaut » #485245

or fucking remove it entirely or put a cooldown of 30 minutes on it i swear to god
[๐Ÿ…ฒ 1] [๐Ÿ†„ 1] [๐Ÿ…ผ 1]

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: opt out of the big fucking text department heads get to use

Post by BeeSting12 » #485246

Make heads the only ones allowed to use common radio
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #485247

BeeSting12 wrote:Make heads the only ones allowed to use common radio
dont post in my thread

Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #485258

we could try making it have an unique color or something.

honestly, high volume seems nice but whenever you have a big, important announcement then you're just fucked if you use it.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #485260

it would be fine if people only used it for actually important shit (maybe add a ctrl- or alt-click toggle on the headset to encourage the lazy) but heads either don't use it because they're not gibbering cocksucking mongoloids that understand theyll be heard if they say something relevant OR they're mongoloided cocksucking gibberers that feel the need to bant and chat and whine about dumb shit in common instead of doing their job while its cult and the cult is going wild and rampant because they're just blocking up the entire fucking screen with their dumb shit

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #485263

One of the things I pride myself on is not using loud volume as a head of stard. 7 times out of 10 its used for attention whoring or power tripping. Some functionality to it, but just megaphone would be much better.
[this space reserved]
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #485267

bless your eternal soul and may you find a spot in heaven sir

Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #485285

terranaut wrote:it would be fine if people only used it for actually important shit (maybe add a ctrl- or alt-click toggle on the headset to encourage the lazy) but heads either don't use it because they're not gibbering cocksucking mongoloids that understand theyll be heard if they say something relevant OR they're mongoloided cocksucking gibberers that feel the need to bant and chat and whine about dumb shit in common instead of doing their job while its cult and the cult is going wild and rampant because they're just blocking up the entire fucking screen with their dumb shit
There's already a click toggle on the headsets for the lazy people.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #485287

Hathkar wrote:
terranaut wrote:it would be fine if people only used it for actually important shit (maybe add a ctrl- or alt-click toggle on the headset to encourage the lazy) but heads either don't use it because they're not gibbering cocksucking mongoloids that understand theyll be heard if they say something relevant OR they're mongoloided cocksucking gibberers that feel the need to bant and chat and whine about dumb shit in common instead of doing their job while its cult and the cult is going wild and rampant because they're just blocking up the entire fucking screen with their dumb shit
There's already a click toggle on the headsets for the lazy people.
it should be displayed in 72pt font every 30 seconds when its on to the person doing it

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #485425

I am actually seriously tired of high volume stuff. If only we had NTSL or whatever it was that let us modify things on the common channel, so the AI could set anyone using high volume to instead have tiny text.
Timberpoes wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: โ†‘Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: โ†‘Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: โ†‘I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #485467

loud text should only be captain (on radio) and megaphones on not radio messages, when you hear loud messages you are expected to think "uh it must be someone important" instead its the fucking cmo the most useless head being loud for his short lifetime of 10 minutes before medical gets bombed
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #485474

Allow megaphones to be emagged to explode in the person's hands, or deafen them and everyone around them when they shout into it.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #485498

i ll make a pr soon where only cap gets loud headset
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #485535

What is wrong with you this is like the best part of being a head of staff.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #485540

datorangebottle wrote:I am actually seriously tired of high volume stuff. If only we had NTSL or whatever it was that let us modify things on the common channel, so the AI could set anyone using high volume to instead have tiny text.
I miss NTSL as AI when I could just turn off really annoying people. Most of the time they wouldn't think to order me to turn them back on. And if they did most of the time someone else would order me to turn them back off and with conflicting orders I get to pick.
--Crocodillo

leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #485546

BeeSting12 wrote:Make heads the only ones allowed to use common radio
This but unironically
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #485550

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:i ll make a pr soon where only cap gets loud headset
thats a big step in the right direction thank you sir

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #485555

OOC spam is a much worse problem than head of staff megaphones imo
โ–บ Show Spoiler
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #485556

Farquaar wrote:OOC spam is a much worse problem than head of staff megaphones imo
can't you mute OOC already?
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #485570

teepeepee wrote:
Farquaar wrote:OOC spam is a much worse problem than head of staff megaphones imo
Yep. But I donโ€™t because itโ€™s not really a big deal.
โ–บ Show Spoiler
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #485633

The big text from heads and AI is too big, I'd prefer a system like tgmc has where the higher ups have larger text, and the captain even bigger, but it isn't as massive as the LOUD we have
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #485761

Farquaar wrote:
teepeepee wrote:
but you jut said it was a worse problem? :?:
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #485769

oranges wrote:
Farquaar wrote:
teepeepee wrote:
OOC spam is a worse problem than officer big text
OOC spam is a very minor problem.
Put those two together, and my opinion is that officer big text is a very, very minor problem that likely needs no solution.

I suppose a cleaner way of saying it is that officers have enough trouble coordinating subordinates as-is. Making officer text opt-out makes worsens that problem while solving a problem that never really existed in the first place.
โ–บ Show Spoiler
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #485797

Farquaar wrote:
oranges wrote:
Farquaar wrote:
teepeepee wrote:
OOC spam is a worse problem than officer big text
OOC spam is a very minor problem.
Put those two together, and my opinion is that officer big text is a very, very minor problem that likely needs no solution.

I suppose a cleaner way of saying it is that officers have enough trouble coordinating subordinates as-is. Making officer text opt-out makes worsens that problem while solving a problem that never really existed in the first place.
My issue is that it's not used to coordinate but to chat about dumb shit all the fucking time and it clutters up the chat window and makes actual important communication a fucking chore. It's used completely wrongly.

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #485847

I understand that a situation like that could be annoying, but I've seldom ever seen something like that happen. If my boss or a fellow head was talking about inane claptrap over the loudphone, I'd ask them to use smalltext. If they refuse (which again, I've never seen happen personally) it'd be pretty easy to gather enough people on my side to intimidate them into behaving.
โ–บ Show Spoiler
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #485848

this is a non issue, if your boss sucks just viva his ass out
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #485895

Make it so you can turn down the volume on your headset, making the text the regular size when someone's shouting into it.

...it also makes the regular volume text much smaller and harder to read.
iamgoofball wrote:this is a non issue, if your boss sucks just viva his ass out
Stealing and hiding a head's megaphone is always good fun.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #485914

terranaut wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:i ll make a pr soon where only cap gets loud headset
thats a big step in the right direction thank you sir
thats a big step in the wrong direction please stop sir

In all seriousness, why not add an option in the preferences menu that lets you scale how big B I G T E X T is for you in comparison to the size of normal text? To clarify, this would all be listener-side, not speaker-side.

Uh, maybe an example would help explain it. Captain Larry McBigText says a thing over the common radio channel. Assistant John McSmallEars has his "size of big text" option set to "small", so the big text is only slightly larger than normal text from his perspective. Meanwhile, sec officer Bob McBigEars has his "size of big text" option set to "incredibly massive why is this even an option", so the big text is incredibly large from his perspective. Finally, scientist Nichole Default has her "size of big text" option set to "normal"/the default size, so the big text looks like how it looks currently from her perspective.

Maybe you could then add a second option that'd let a player alter the size of big text (from their perspective) from "important" headsets, such as the captain's headset or a nuke op leader's headset.

Or, if you don't want to go through all of that effort, just make the non-captain head of staff headsets have text that's bigger than normal text, but smaller than the captain's headset's text, although I personally don't think that any change to the size of headset text at all is necessary.