Radio rank

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Derpeh
Byond Username: DerpehBoi

Radio rank

Post by Derpeh » #490922

(In my opinion) there should be the title on your ID after your name when you talk over the radio so that people know who's important to listen to or what they are so you dont have to go running through the entire station+maintenance tunnels just to find out their rank.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Radio rank

Post by Lazengann » #490937

You can look at your PDA messenger to see their job
Derpeh
Byond Username: DerpehBoi

Post by Derpeh » #490942

Lazengann wrote:You can look at your PDA messenger to see their job
Ok but what if its in an emergency and you cant have time to check your PDA and search through the list for a single person because of danger of dying/disruption of the process?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #490946

That used to exist, and I fail to recall why it’s gone. Though I do remember assistant being shortened to [ass] and that was fun.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #490961

confused rock wrote:That used to exist, and I fail to recall why it’s gone. Though I do remember assistant being shortened to [ass] and that was fun.
Wasn't that an NTSL script AIs and CE uploaded at roundstart?
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #490970

cedarbridge wrote:
confused rock wrote:That used to exist, and I fail to recall why it’s gone. Though I do remember assistant being shortened to [ass] and that was fun.
I miss NTSL. It had the same problem that circuits had in that it just became something you copied and pasted from the internet or a word file. But it at least lead to stuff like filtering out the word help or traitor or making quizbots along with the commonly used rank script.

Didnt it also allow for people to code shit directly into the engine due to not being sanitized as well?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #490987

Dr_bee wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
I miss NTSL. It had the same problem that circuits had in that it just became something you copied and pasted from the internet or a word file. But it at least lead to stuff like filtering out the word help or traitor or making quizbots along with the commonly used rank script.

Didnt it also allow for people to code shit directly into the engine due to not being sanitized as well?
It was worse than circuits in the copy paste regard, since circuits had a hard upper limit on how complex they could be and costed materials and time. NTSL scripts had no upper limit and no downside to pasting in a 100,000 line script at round start, and the 100,000 line script is all anybody used. If you tried to write your own fun script the AI would instantly just paste his meta script back in over yours (and the script itself had a lot of tools to essentially buff the AI unnecessarily, like letting it mute specific people from comms). A lack of limitations like that made it really unfun and had nobody ever using it except for the 1 second it took to literally go ctrl+v.

Also yeah it crashed the game a lot towards the end of its life. I think other servers that still have circuits have added telecoms circuits so you can do some NTSL-lite that's balanced by the limitations already on circuits but I haven't played with it.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #491438

just play AI if you want to see rank in radio
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]