Game mode idea: A team of Traitors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cat Bully
Byond Username: Cat Bully

Game mode idea: A team of Traitors

Post by Cat Bully » #492395

I've been a fan of the "Antag team vs. Station" rounds. In the case of traitor rounds, though, there doesn't seem to be as much of an impactful antag presence and round-ending objectives. What if Traitor rounds were (possibly repurposed to be) a team of traitors?

My idea being that all traitors start off knowing only their objective and the team's code and response phrases, and have to first find other traitors to plan, and set up other means of communication (i.e. non-default radio channels). Possibly also starting with immediate access to an anonymous PDA messaging channel, but with Security having the potential to access it (and the logs) with a few steps of work.

Give them a shared objective to have that concrete win condition. Big, impactful things like killing all crew members of a specific department, rendering a specific department inoperable, inducing a shuttle call and having the team hijack the shuttle, etc. There's also the possibility of department-based sabotage objectives such as causing the Supermatter engine to delaminate, spreading a disease to x% of the crew, collecting X number of Y organs, researching so-and-so illegal technologies (that maybe could act as a way for Traitors to get syndicate items), sending X amount of cargo credit to the Syndicate. Things like that.

And finally, though I could make an entire new suggestion for this, I'd like to see the departments each get win conditions to work towards that help keep rounds between 45-60 minutes or so. Were that to become a case, there's also the possibility of one constant antag win condition to be rendering each department win condition impossible. That falls neatly into the idea of getting a team of traitors to sabotage the station's ability to operate.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Game mode idea: A team of Traitors

Post by oranges » #492456

This is blood brothers (pairs of traitors working together) and people don't rate it super highly, since most of the people who play don't really want ot have to communicate to that level