alternative to null crate: bitcoin assassin

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

alternative to null crate: bitcoin assassin

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #495304

idea: emagging the supply console gives you a contract to kill a random living human which you have to take a photo once he is dead and send it by shuttle to get a tc reward which changes with target difficulty you can have max 1 assasination contract active to prevent reroll until you get the paraplegic blind clown and doesnt benefit murderboners as they wont get any benefit by killing before getting the contract.
i think its fine in case of collusion, are you gonna trust the dude asking to take a pic of you dead with the promise of reviving you? or will you trust the dude you cloned to not spill the beans and kill you to get the emag + reward
codewise it seems just a bunch of signals and paper text and gameplay wise its more antaggy than buying lootboxes and sharing them with friends
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: alternative to null crate: bitcoin assassin

Post by Stickymayhem » #495305

That's a great idea.

I'll run it as an event today and report back on how it went
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #495324

I like the idea of this better than getting essentially free antag gear and playing a “friendly traitor” or whatever. Now I can arrest people who emag the console without being called a dick by all of cargo and science
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Akrilla
Byond Username: Akrilla
Github Username: Akrilla

Post by Akrilla » #495796

Do people think this actually might be a fun alternative? I'd be up for coding it up, it seems pretty fun. Balance I think would be the hardest thing, with also things like what happens in lowpop, how are difficulties graded etc. Maybe when selecting a contract it can be low, medium, hard, with it being service jobs/assistant, department job, head of staff respectively?
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #495801

It should probably not ever select the same person twice, even if they're cloned.

Would it choose from all crew members, or only alive ones? Does the syndicate contact have realtime knowledge of who is alive? (And if so, why do they keep giving you contracts if you clone the people after killing them?) If not, you might get lucky and roll an already-dead guy (which is probably not the worst thing ever).

Does the syndicate contact know who the agents are, or do they just authorize general death? It would be neat if syndicate agents never were selected, but that would mean people could meta the pick to know who's not a traitor.

Could you work with a ling buddy, have them steal DNA and morph into people, and then enter fake death for the picture?
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Akrilla
Byond Username: Akrilla
Github Username: Akrilla

Post by Akrilla » #495807

zxaber wrote:It should probably not ever select the same person twice, even if they're cloned.

Would it choose from all crew members, or only alive ones? Does the syndicate contact have realtime knowledge of who is alive? (And if so, why do they keep giving you contracts if you clone the people after killing them?) If not, you might get lucky and roll an already-dead guy (which is probably not the worst thing ever).

Does the syndicate contact know who the agents are, or do they just authorize general death? It would be neat if syndicate agents never were selected, but that would mean people could meta the pick to know who's not a traitor.

Could you work with a ling buddy, have them steal DNA and morph into people, and then enter fake death for the picture?
I've created a dedicated topic for this since I want to push the scope to almost it's own dedicated antag type.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22766