Cult Revamp: Lets list some ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Cult Revamp: Lets list some ideas

Post by Bombadil » #51749

Okay so some of the ideas like increasing rune range is good. So convert just needs 3 people with in 2 tiles out from rune.

But I have an idea for using Harvesters ingame.

If you dont know Harvesters are cult constructs who release a paralytic gas. Very powerful but how do we balance creation?

My idea is that you EMBED the soul stone in a living target there must also be a soul already in the soul stone. The soul stone begins to take over their body corrupting them into a harvester. Could have them turn into those "shade" humans who get hurt in the light at that point you can finalize the conversion. Soul stone is embedded in the chest also.

Perhaps a rune to finalize the change into a harvester as well. Either way the soul stone takes over their body and they get consumed in the process becoming a portal into Nar'sies realm through which Paralytic toxin spews forth.

We can also expand on soul stone embedding. You found a security officer who cant be converted? Embed a soulstone in him use a rune to make the soul take over without harvesterizing them. Now you have a security agent on the inside. Hell convert the HoS or anyone with an implant by replacing their souls. You may want to take off their headsets because they will be screaming in pain from the soulstone embedded in them.

Embedding could be done by surgery perhaps? Or just straight up stabbing it into their chest and it leaves a hole in their chest but it can be covered up by a jumpsuit or exosuit.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Cult Revamp: Lets list some ideas

Post by lumipharon » #51757

Who cares if harvesters are balanced? They only appear once Nar'sie is summoned, so the round is ending and everyone is fucked anyway. Also put on internals and ignore the gas, they do piss poor damage.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #51765

Rune sprites need to be updated. They are damn ugly.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #51800

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010 ... e_Baka.jpg
Might be cool if they looked kinda like this, like the runes in FMA.
Cult in spacemans has this obsidian infused with blood sorta look to it, and cult could look a little creepier, with a more mysterious feel to it. When Based RR adds dismemberment, maybe cultist can literally give an arm and a leg for the cult words.
Maybe there could be some sort of drink a cultist can feed someone to make them a "lesser acolyte" and are bound to their master, who ever forced them to drink the potion. It could wear off after a while, too, for balancing.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #51808

lumipharon wrote:Who cares if harvesters are balanced? They only appear once Nar'sie is summoned, so the round is ending and everyone is fucked anyway. Also put on internals and ignore the gas, they do piss poor damage.
To be fair they would be good for getting gray tiders with only breath masks

iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #51834

Convert should only need 2, not 3.
Sacrafice should only need 1.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #51839

iyaerP wrote:Sacrafice should only need 1.
What? No. Why should you have a 100% unavoidable kill via 1-man sac rune + stun paper?

Convert should be 2-mannable.
Juggernaut reflect should be toned down or removed.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #51842

Juggs should get increased health (or more armour) and no reflection chance. Either I can kill one in five shots or twenty shots.

Cults in a weird place where it was left only half finished and its in a state of limbo. It may not be the worse idea to gut it and start over.

I recall having a idea of making Cult round more akin to Arkham Horror, but I digress.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #51846

Add in that modular rune sprite system that bay made but never used.

Add in painting directional runes on walls.

Add in more types of runes (and thus words), thereby promoting a form of cult other than LOLCONSTRUCTS
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #51852

Pybro wrote:Add in that modular rune sprite system that bay made but never used.

Add in painting directional runes on walls.

Add in more types of runes (and thus words), thereby promoting a form of cult other than LOLCONSTRUCTS
Part of that is making conversion easier. If people need to gather and look suspicious as shit as a med doctor a scientist and a cargo tech enter maint it makes finding cult too god damned easy

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #51862

Also i think embedding a soul stone idea is something that would be a good idea. Even if it isnt too create harvesters. Soul swapping or soul takeover seems neat.

Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #51973

How about making a periodic announcement when a summon-Nar-sie rune is down? Have it announce location, and maybe how many cultists are next to it. I don't play cult, but I imagine that it might get annoying, though, with the possibility of multiple summon Narsie runes, and I'm not sure how to address that. Of course, multiple Summon Narsie runes would be dumb, but it would be a really easy method of trolling other cultists, I guess. Maybe add a tracker to who writes the rune, both for admins and in the message?

Do cult spells still cost HP? Because if so, I still support the creation of an artifact that pays blood costs for you. I say make it one of those face-things from Berserk on a chain. Have it scream periodically and bleed fucking everywhere - not exactly stealthy. It could double as a weapon with some cool spooky effect on-hit and also cover whoever it hits and whoever is using it in blood.

When I first imagined it, I thought it would be good to make the artifact out of a corpse, but that would mean NOT making a soulstone, which is stupid. On the other hand, if it were made out of someone's body, you could have it go "[that person's name] screams!" in emote, which would be pretty radical.

Maybe make it sorta like a PAI? Except perhaps the player could slowly move if dropped. Maybe counts as a cultist for rune purposes and can talk and use cult-telepathy-shit.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #51999

I know this probably belongs in the shitty ideas thread, but if we take a more lovecraftian direction with it like steelpoint suggested, how about noncult exposure to madness inducing horrors causing insanity? Maybe something like the survivor tag, but telling you to be crazy nuts rather than to survive?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #52000

Wyzack wrote:I know this probably belongs in the shitty ideas thread, but if we take a more lovecraftian direction with it like steelpoint suggested, how about noncult exposure to madness inducing horrors causing insanity? Maybe something like the survivor tag, but telling you to be crazy nuts rather than to survive?
Like, it randomly rolls an antag objective and assigns it to you? That would be fun.

ETA: Especially if the antag objective could be one that's not appropriate to a cult round. "Absorb 12 genomes" as a human, "Capture the nuclear authorization disk" as a non-Syndicate, etc.
Remove the AI.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #52008

I like it. Fucking crazy go nuts research director battling the cult in a vain and pointless attempt to secure the nuke disk from "DEM SYNDIES MAN! DEM SYNDIES!" or a batshit clown pretending to absorb people. Mite b cool. I was thinking something along the lines of "You have lost your mind. You are insane. live your madness to its fullest."
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #52066

Working on a rune that makes everyone around it bonkers, throw some ideas my way.
Too impractical at the moment
Last edited by Xhuis on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #52100

Maybe cults could have a random god from 1-4 different gods which would alter the cult's gameplay a lot.

Some god could encourage cult to play as very aggressively through needing lots of converters but having easy to obtain weapons, granting automatic buff against brute to all followers.
While some other god could encourage stealthy gameplay through needing low amount of converters and having hard to get weapons, granting a buff of brief invisibility.
And some other god could just be plain construct cult.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #52284

I've always thought of it to be interesting to have a very small amount of roundstart cultists, say one, as a prophet that has obvious stuff but can invoke most runes alone, has less downsides, and can do more.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #52295

RIP Hand of God. RIP Neerti.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

TwitchTail13
Byond Username: TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #82069

The convert rune should only need one cultist.
Shaps wrote:The fact that you're asking if you need a reason to kill someone is deeply, deeply troubling
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #82094

Necro'd as shit bro, but since it's here.

Some of the more unusual runes are rather neat, but never get used for various reasons.

Shit like the blood drain rune (activate it to suck health from anyone on ALL blood drain runes, making you addicted if you hit too many people at once)
and the raise dead rune (put corpse on one rune, with a ghost on top, and a living body on another rune. Activating gibs the living guy an puts the ghost in the corpse, and brings him back to life)
Are neat as shit, and I think could be made actually relevent fairly easily.

For example, rather then just healing you, what if feeding off enough peolpe with blood drain runes gave you some neat blood magic buffs?
Or the raise dead rune was needed to bring in some favoured champion of Nar'sie, who was never alive in the round to start with? (also while I'm thinking about it, isn't the raise dead rune a fantastic way to infiltrate sec, by possessing the corpses of dead implanted people, with cultist ghosts?)

Edit: And it would be nice if you could identify runes as a cultist, if you have a fully translated tome.
I always thought it was dumb to have you walk into the cult base, and see half a dozen runes and can't tell what they are.
Last edited by lumipharon on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #82122

Nobody uses those runes because they're clunky to use, not because they're weak.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #82170

lumipharon wrote:the raise dead rune (put corpse on one rune, with a ghost on top, and a living body on another rune. Activating gibs the living guy an puts the ghost in the corpse, and brings him back to life)
I actually got pulled into one from a virology cult that grabbed all of genetics humanized monkeys.

There was also a miner group that fucked off the to DJ satellite and set up a teleport hub. entire room was full of corpses, random clothing, and spears. Was pretty fucking wild.

Raises dead definitely still has its uses.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #82193

Once based Remie finishes dismemberment, whenever that comes, cult could have some creepy limb stealing objective to build Narsie. But each body part must come from different people. You CAN summon Narsie at any given time, instead of having other conditions preventing it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #82194

Fragnostic wrote:Once based Remie finishes dismemberment, whenever that comes, cult could have some creepy limb stealing objective to build Narsie. But each body part must come from different people. You CAN summon Narsie at any given time, instead of having other conditions preventing it.
Cult Objectives

1# The head of the Captain, the head of the station
2# The right arm of the Head of Personal, the Captain's right hand man.
3# The left arm of the Head of Security, the long arm of the law.
4# The chest of the Chief Medical Officer, the one who keeps us alive
5# The right and left legs of the Chief Engineer, keeping the whole intact
6# The brain of the Research Director, the smartest of us all.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #82725

FUND IT
but i agree cult needs work
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #82728

Steelpoint wrote:
Fragnostic wrote:Once based Remie finishes dismemberment, whenever that comes, cult could have some creepy limb stealing objective to build Narsie. But each body part must come from different people. You CAN summon Narsie at any given time, instead of having other conditions preventing it.
Cult Objectives

1# The head of the Captain, the head of the station
2# The right arm of the Head of Personal, the Captain's right hand man.
3# The left arm of the Head of Security, the long arm of the law.
4# The chest of the Chief Medical Officer, the one who keeps us alive
5# The right and left legs of the Chief Engineer, keeping the whole intact
6# The brain of the Research Director, the smartest of us all.
give this to the abductor aliens, actually
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #82731

Fragnostic wrote:http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2010 ... e_Baka.jpg
Might be cool if they looked kinda like this, like the runes in FMA.
Cult in spacemans has this obsidian infused with blood sorta look to it, and cult could look a little creepier, with a more mysterious feel to it. When Based RR adds dismemberment, maybe cultist can literally give an arm and a leg for the cult words.
Maybe there could be some sort of drink a cultist can feed someone to make them a "lesser acolyte" and are bound to their master, who ever forced them to drink the potion. It could wear off after a while, too, for balancing.
and add placing soul stones in the place of brains? :P
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #82740

You're overthinking it. Start from making more runes viable, easier to use. I don't remember when was the last time I seen blood boil, blood drain, summon cultist or free cultist in action.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #82753

Saegrimr wrote:
lumipharon wrote:the raise dead rune (put corpse on one rune, with a ghost on top, and a living body on another rune. Activating gibs the living guy an puts the ghost in the corpse, and brings him back to life)
I actually got pulled into one from a virology cult that grabbed all of genetics humanized monkeys.

There was also a miner group that fucked off the to DJ satellite and set up a teleport hub. entire room was full of corpses, random clothing, and spears. Was pretty fucking wild.

Raise dead is amazingly OP if you get someone who can commune with the ghost. Rob Ust once did it and we summoned Nar'sie on the DJ station because of sheer awesomness.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #82893

Lumbermancer wrote:You're overthinking it. Start from making more runes viable, easier to use. I don't remember when was the last time I seen blood boil, blood drain, summon cultist or free cultist in action.
Most morns dont even know they exist

AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #82898

Runes should honestly be resprited so that they arent horribly easy to spot, Id do it but Im terrible at spriting
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #82911

RG4 wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:

Raise dead is amazingly OP if you get someone who can commune with the ghost. Rob Ust once did it and we summoned Nar'sie on the DJ station because of sheer awesomness.
Raise dead is nt the same as manifest.

Manifest creates a temporary body for a ghost - it also lets you cheese nar'sie with one cultist, if you have 8 willing ghosts.
Raise dead sacs a living person to put a ghost permanently into a existing corpse. It's not useless, but 95/100 times you'd just use the living guy to make a construct instead.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #82942

Honestly I think a big problem with runes is that it isn't obvious what any given one does. Yes there are colours but they aren't linked to functions in any meaningful way, so you have to learn what colour a rune is if you want to understand what it does as soon as you see it.

Then, if you're not sure, you can examine it, but that only gives the words you use to make it. Those are pretty vague anyway. Unless, again, you've memorised the words you need for everything (and the average person hasn't) then you have to guess or look it up. Much better to just have examine give the name of the actual rune: so, instead of join-blood-help (or whatever convert is) the rune would say 'convert' in the examine text.

I think this is one of those things where function over fluff would be helpful.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83004

The real problem is that the average cult convert has no way to actually do cult magic, because getting a tome is difficult.
Giving cultists the ability to summon a tome at the cost of 30 brute might be neat
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #83019

That'd be too easy to smuggle a tome in to the brig
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83147

But cultists are always deconverted or executed anyway, because otherwise some shit who's walled himself into a maint room with three medbots just >summon ghost >summon cultist >teleport him to a hidden teleport rune
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #83156

Just an FYI, it would be nice to give some reasoning for your suggestions too, mainly the problems you're trying to solve. makes it easier to see what you're trying to do. (i definitely find discussion on how to make cult better good)
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #83191

AdenAbrafo wrote:Runes should honestly be resprited so that they arent horribly easy to spot, Id do it but Im terrible at spriting
This so hard. Runes being stupidly easy to spot makes 99% of cults have to hide in bizarrely obscure locations in maint, which makes it really hard to convert people both because you can't get anyone all the way into there quickly and your teammates will have a hard time finding their way in.
Maybe make it so you can still use runes that have been hidden with the Hide Rune rune (or make them only visible to cultists), but make Hide Rune take longer to kick in or something? Or maybe make it so once the rune has been used a few times it becomes visible to the crew again.
I'd just like to see cultists have a bit more freedom in terms of location. Runes go underused because you can hardly use them at all, they're just too obvious.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #83192

If you want, you can use a reveal rune (letting you see invisible runes) then hide the reveal rune, and whatever other runes you have around, while still being able to see them. I think.