"set up an accident" traitor goal

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

"set up an accident" traitor goal

Post by Whoisthere » #499997

it is an assassinate objective with a twist.
traitor cannot interact with assassination target in any manner that leaves traces of interaction between these two persons in logs in the time span of 2 minutes preceding the target's death.
so if traitor pulls/hits/hugs the target (or shoots them directly), and the target dies in two minutes, the objective is failed unless the target is revived and dies in another way.
the idea is to make traitors create "accidents" to off their targets, such as killing them in a fire, with poisoned food, or whatever. or just kidnapping the target and setting up a means of killing the target that will occur in 2 minutes and without traitor's direct intervention.
Bombs/toxin/suffocation damage would make this relatively easy to do. Just shoot a dude with a toxin syringe, or bucklecuff to a chair somewhere in space, or flamethrower them without directly clicking the sprite.
Ideally this should take into account the situation not looking like a murder in the end, e.g. if target had cuffs on on death, objective fails.
Overall might be a fun change from simple assassination objectives. Or maybe it was discussed before and it was decided that it sucked.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: "set up an accident" traitor goal

Post by Shadowflame909 » #500005

;Sec this assistant is tresspassing into the captains office

or

;Borg law two murder that lizard

These should do it.
► Show Spoiler
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #500007

Shadowflame909 wrote: ;Borg law two murder that lizard
you'd think silicons would jump at the chance to get away with murder and at absolute worst when bwoinked just say "i got a law 2 order from a human go bwoink him" and be let off but its surprising how many even validhunters will be wary of that one, instantly assuming you are the bigger valid and they'll try to find a way to fuck you instead
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #500024

if I had this I'd just wire a remote signaller to a door they're likely to be under and when they are hit the button over and over to crush them to fart
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #500047

terranaut wrote:
you'd think silicons would jump at the chance to get away with murder and at absolute worst when bwoinked just say "i got a law 2 order from a human go bwoink him" and be let off but its surprising how many even validhunters will be wary of that one, instantly assuming you are the bigger valid and they'll try to find a way to fuck you instead
That shit is so frustrating. By the time you manage to ahelp it whatever important situation is often long gone.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #500548

I have literally no idea how you'd police this with code.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #500580

cedarbridge wrote:I have literally no idea how you'd police this with code.
Whoisthere wrote: traitor cannot interact with assassination target in any manner that leaves traces of interaction between these two persons in logs in the time span of 2 minutes preceding the target's death.
so if traitor pulls/hits/hugs the target (or shoots them directly), and the target dies in two minutes, the objective is failed unless the target is revived and dies in another way.

sometimes i wonder if people even read the posts they reply to
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #500732

terranaut wrote:
Whoisthere wrote: traitor cannot interact with assassination target in any manner that leaves traces of interaction between these two persons in logs in the time span of 2 minutes preceding the target's death.

i kinda hate that implementation because like what if you want to act friendly with this guy and strike up some conversation and then invite him to meet you in the bar and then boom he's dead the bar had a fire in it
or maybe you're a doctor and you offer him surgery for his ""appendicitis"" and then whoops i accidentally a heart removal
absolutely 0 interaction with somebody is a shit way of setting up an accident, people accidentally kill people they directly interact with all the time in this game
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #500774

I think it is very hard to make a code solution that properly captures the spirit of the objective.

I think people would just lock other up for a long time before killing them with exposure or something.

And friendly interaction with the target shouldn't be punished.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #500885

terranaut wrote:

bitch you don't even know if it's possible
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #500890

Nabski wrote:
terranaut wrote:
That shit is so frustrating. By the time you manage to ahelp it whatever important situation is often long gone.
This is why borgs should do the order then ahelp for forgiveness rather than permission.

Admins can fix a bad order, they can't fix a order you didn't complete.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #501111

Friendly interaction with target can probably be filtered out. IMO all the examples here (doorcrushing, framing, bar fire, dying of exposure, heart removal) are good and follow the spirit of the objective. I could try to develop this idea further if anyone thinks it's decent.
I have 0 experience with byond or tgcode but in the worst case logs can be parsed at roundend if they are accessible at that moment. I doubt having to do that for like 5 traitors and if their targets are dead at roundend would take a lot of resources.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #501121

i dont see whats the point, you can rp it already as a standard antag by eswording someone to death and place a banana peel under his feet
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #501123

Whoisthere wrote:Friendly interaction with target can probably be filtered out. IMO all the examples here (doorcrushing, framing, bar fire, dying of exposure, heart removal) are good and follow the spirit of the objective. I could try to develop this idea further if anyone thinks it's decent.
I have 0 experience with byond or tgcode but in the worst case logs can be parsed at roundend if they are accessible at that moment. I doubt having to do that for like 5 traitors and if their targets are dead at roundend would take a lot of resources.
I don't think we want objectives to have to go log diving at round end to verify if somebody greentexted or not.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #501200

cedarbridge wrote:
Whoisthere wrote:Friendly interaction with target can probably be filtered out. IMO all the examples here (doorcrushing, framing, bar fire, dying of exposure, heart removal) are good and follow the spirit of the objective. I could try to develop this idea further if anyone thinks it's decent.
I don't think we want objectives to have to go log diving at round end to verify if somebody greentexted or not.
Automatically parsing basic logs is actually really easy since they were refactored, they're all stored as plain lists and cost very little to parse. Shouldn't be any code concerns in that aspect. The question is more of HOW they should be parsed
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: