Blitz ops, turning a nothing round into something meaningful.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
GuyonBroadway
Byond Username: GuyonBroadway

Blitz ops, turning a nothing round into something meaningful.

Post by GuyonBroadway » #505575

So i've seen a few people bitch about how blitz ops is worst ops. For winrate, blitz ops gets the job done, but ss13 isn't a moba, winrate isn't everything and high skill isn't necessarily fun or good for all involved.

Enter the new blitz ops by default ops must wait about 5 mins before launching in stealth, but for a nominal TC downpayment, ops are now allowed to land the shuttle directly on the station, the catch is that your trip time is upped to 15 seconds, the turrets break and your arrival and location announced to the station.

If you pull it off you get a quick strike and quick win, if the captain skoots on out of there be braced for a tide headed your way.

This means that ops get a POWERFUL new rapid strike tool but its not a case of "game ends in 30 seconds out of the blue because the ops were so quick nobody had a chance to yell "HELP MAINT!" At the very least you know the gamemode is ops and you have 15 seconds to get your rear in gear and prevent that first strike from ending the round then and there.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Blitz ops, turning a nothing round into something meaningful.

Post by oranges » #505582

I don't like it

I'd rather see nukeops changed entirely.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #505587

oranges wrote:I don't like it

My two cents, if operatives were a somehow more durable or numerous, but also had fewer items of mass destruction (like bombs, fungal TB, etc), you could reasonably extend the length of the rounds without making it feel forced. This would give more time for a natural story to develop (and having a reasonably long round would also mean people that want to just do their jobs still could).
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: break up a run-on sentence
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #505612

Why would any stealth operative ever choose this option were it to be implemented? It costs TC, announces your presence to the station, leaves your only retreat point(and YOUR NUKE) vulnerable and exposed, causes your team to panic when your shuttle slams down in god knows where surrounded by enemies, and increases transit time. The only benefit to doing this is to save a tiny bit of time spacewalking and breaching the station. It's not worth it.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
GuyonBroadway
Byond Username: GuyonBroadway

Post by GuyonBroadway » #505654

deedubya wrote:Why would any stealth operative ever choose this option were it to be implemented? It costs TC, announces your presence to the station, leaves your only retreat point(and YOUR NUKE) vulnerable and exposed, causes your team to panic when your shuttle slams down in god knows where surrounded by enemies, and increases transit time. The only benefit to doing this is to save a tiny bit of time spacewalking and breaching the station. It's not worth it.

The tc cost and transit time could be subject to change, in any case there are lots of "interesting. Things you can do with a station targeted ship such as a sugical breach of the armoury or tactically blocking medbay.
Stillplant
Byond Username: Stillplant

Post by Stillplant » #511975

Especially, why would you choose this instead of buying the assault pod? The assault pod wrecks whatever it hits, and its turrets stay fully intact in the process.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #511979

Goon Ops is the best Ops.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #511992

oranges wrote:I don't like it

This.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #511995

make nuke op shuttle always alarm the crew when it lands near the station, if they want stealth they pay 50% of their tc and do real stealth
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #512001

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:make nuke op shuttle always alarm the crew when it lands near the station, if they want stealth they pay 50% of their tc and do real stealth
give the station some number of directional radar sensors scattered around the place that alert the crew if an unregistered shuttle warps in within their (extremely large) line of sight

give nuke ops the option to purchase a stolen nanotrasen IFF transponder (most likely taken from one of the evac shuttles they keep hijacking - why else would they want them?) that allows them to jump in without raising the alarm

give the sensor coverage some blind spots that the ops can use if they really want to but might be risky (really close to the station so they might be seen through a window, for instance) so they can do something like jump in, drop off a single operative to disable/block the sensors, then jump out again before they're spotted

give them a reinforcement option that just spawns a regular assistant traitor on the arrivals shuttle, announced as a regular assistant, with the objective to disable the sensor grid

tie some other gameplay into the sensors such as making them a regular traitor objective to sabotage idk
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #512026

deedubya wrote:Why would any stealth operative ever choose this option were it to be implemented? It costs TC, announces your presence to the station, leaves your only retreat point(and YOUR NUKE) vulnerable and exposed, causes your team to panic when your shuttle slams down in god knows where surrounded by enemies, and increases transit time. The only benefit to doing this is to save a tiny bit of time spacewalking and breaching the station. It's not worth it.
But its hilarious! meme ops are the best ops. also newcops turrets too op, nerf plz