Maybe I distilled why I like lifeweb dmg system this time properly

A place to record your ideas for the game.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Maybe I distilled why I like lifeweb dmg system this time properly

Post by confused rock » #508519

Gotta say it before I forget even if this post is half assed
1. “Crit” is the new dead
Crit is caused by whatever injury results in heart stopping. You only fully die from a brain destroying hit, mostly, or ultimately losing all your blood or similar. You may be in crit for upwards of ten minutes before croaking, so its kinda like how defibs work now. Cpr is valid to restart the heart. Lifeweb boys crit easy, but die much harder (hard to tell difference though and most don’t get fixed due to drastic injuries) a really nasty skull cracking hit can crit if the shock stops your heart, but if they’re alive and could survive then cpr will get that boy awake. Being shot till your lungs fail is another story- you’ll need most of your blood in you and functioning lungs/life supply of oxy heal drugs to be revived. As long as the doc keeps your blood mostly in and your skull fresh you might be okay.
2. Damage won’t kill a boy but it’ll hurt
Most lifeweb dmg just does pain and makes the limb weaker to more hits, if it doesn’t break bones/fuck organs or cut shit open. This means socking someone in the face will actually hurt but they wont have to fix it asap or anything, or need a doc. Pain will fuck someone up progressively until they mostly cry on the floor while you kick em, so there’s your stun if you want to cuff em and/or finish them off by toolboxing the skull open. Sharp weapons are less painy, more lethal.
3. Healing isn’t all medbay
In lifeweb if you get punched in the face you can sleep it off. This solution fixes the issue without bugging medbay- now when someone starts a fight, the victim is the victim, not the doc. For serious injuries, docs can still help, though sleep is the primary healer. have a bleeding wound? Can grab yourself to stop it, or rip a rag off your jumpsuit, but a doc with bandages is best and stitches are the only reliable way to fix a deep wound. Got kicked up? While you can sleep it off, if doctors are good and value you then drugs can still heal/painkillers help. Can be necessary if you’re in too much pain to sleep. As in regular life not all injuries result in a trip to the doc and hobo medication can fix your barfight scrapes.

This is redundant and will likely never be done here but ima say it again in case the opportunity arises for a total med rework