death and ghost turnover

A place to record your ideas for the game.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

death and ghost turnover

Post by deedubya » #508657

Most of these are actually related to a similar topic and serves a greater purpose, and some of it involves just bringing back older content, so strap in.

1: Make the cloning pod require Clonexadone to actually produce a clone. Let's say 10u per clone. Provide a beaker (50u or 100u, your discration) of the stuff at roundstart.(this equates to being able to make 5-10 clones roundstart) Remake clonexadone into a very high tier chem that's difficult to make. Alternatively, make it impossible to create, and put it as an expensive purchase through the medical vendomat, or cargo.

2: Give botany more replica pod seeds in their vendomat.

3: Remake the android race. Lock it under a high tier research (30+ minutes assuming toxins bomb) or possibly even lock it under illegal or alien tech. Once unlocked, would unlock "Android endoskeleton" in the mech fabricator under cyborg parts. Possibly give it a prohibitive material cost as well. After that, it's assembled just like a cyborg, but using the Android endoskeleton rather than the Cyborg endoskeleton. An MMI or Posibrain can then be plugged in, at which point they become an android using the name of the MMI/PB that was plugged in. They'll function like a fully augmented human, but use ethereal "food" and moodlets. Ergo, they live off of electricity, repair brute with welding, and repair burns with wires. No cyborg laws, they're full on sentient beings. They'll keep whatever notes their character had when they become the new being. If it's an MMI traitor, they'll still have traitor objectives. If it's a PB, they'll still have to prioritize not being a shitler to the crew.

4: Bring back the drone fabricator. I'm honestly not sure why this was even removed in the first place. It's a pretty harmless way to allow ghosts to jump back into the round and help out without allowing them to otherwise interfere with the players still in the round.

5: Make the free golem ship, and charlie station 100% guaranteed spawns. (been informed that charlie station is already 100%)

"what's your game here, deedubya" Making death have more consequence, while also helping with ghost turnover rate. Limited clones will force people to solve the issue either through advanced/experimental surgery, podpeople, borging/droiding, chemistry(or cargo) getting more clonexadone, creating more ghostroles to occupy(golems/drones), or just not bothering with the station at all and inhabiting an autism project ghostrole(free golems/charlie station). Being dead sucks, but right now an in character death is too easy to come back from with little consequence. I think you should have a multitude of ways to come back into a round if you so choose, but death for your roundstart character should still have a consequence. My aim with all of these changes combined is to do exactly that.
Last edited by deedubya on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Re: the "oh look DW's been drinking again" idea repository

Post by knacker48 » #508841

I kind of like the idea of cloning needing chems to do its job. Maybe make it so different chems have different effects(such as faster cloning/less cell damage). It could also lead to some fun sabotaging like putting some mutation toxin or unstable mutatagen for different races and more mutations respectively. I could even see some late game goal where you have a super clone mix that clones almost instantly and maybe even has some benefits to the one being cloned.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: the "oh look DW's been drinking again" idea repository

Post by oranges » #508955

we have a minor suggestions and bad suggestions thread you know
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Re: death and ghost turnover

Post by deedubya » #508971

I figured it was better off being it's own topic since it all fit under one unified purpose. Decided to edit the title and post slightly to reflect as much.

Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #508985

I don't really agree with the android thing. Xeno already has golem shells that serve the same purpose, and the appeal of making robotics ghost roles is that they're not the same as normal crew.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #508993

zxaber wrote:I don't really agree with the android thing. Xeno already has golem shells that serve the same purpose, and the appeal of making robotics ghost roles is that they're not the same as normal crew.
I do agree, which is why I think having it locked behind a tech option that requires the use of the destructive analyzer(ayylmao/illegal tech) would be the only way to implement it, plus a restrictive material cost(diamonds are always in short supply, use a heavy dose of that for the android endoskeleton)

Having borgs and drones might be enough, but ghosts often don't inhabit MMIs because they just don't want to play a borg, and don't inhabit golems because golems are slaved to a creator and cumbersome to use. I think androids as a rarity(obviously not every round due to requiring non-standard tech) would be a more appealing alternative if they appear in a round. Honestly though, I think my main concern is just giving PBs a way to get a legit body. MMIs can be scooped and put into a corpse, but MMIs are stuck being a borg or mech.

Spoiler:
TrumpetPlaya
Byond Username: HRTSultan

Post by TrumpetPlaya » #509292

i doubt drones will ever come back, theyre just an absolute clusterfuck for admins to deal with because dummies always break their laws and assholes are quick to ahelp the drone stealing mats
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #537589

bumping this because it's more relevant now than it was half a year ago

Specifically in regards to cloning. Why wasn't making cloning a limited option considered, rather than axing it completely? You'd only have a small handful of clones before you run out of juice. Meanwhile botany/chem/sci work on getting the alternatives going, so round re-entry isn't just stonewalled early in a round.

Also, having alternate methods to round re-entry like #FREEDRONE would help take a bit of the edge off as well. Considering the massive popularity of manuel lately, I think it's fair to say that tg is ready for the little fuckers to come back.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #537633

why do people ask the same question when the answer has been posted numerous occasions in very obvious locations (IE the PR that actually removed cloning)?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current