Literally just port baymed with some tweaks.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Literally just port baymed with some tweaks.

Post by Calibraptor » #510307

Everybody seems to hate playing as medical doctors, self-healing is rampant and basically makes their job useless, and the new system seems to be worse than the old one.

So just fucking port Baystation's medical system, because with all the problems Bay has with being an office simulator it has no shortage of people playing and even maining medical. So why not just create a medical system similar to theirs?

The main differences being:

- Outright remove or drastically shorten the time it takes to do surgery steps so we can have powergaming MLG medical doctors churn through patients with factory-like efficiency.
- Lets us bring back all the EZ to make trek/goof chems because all the synthflesh/omnizine/(Insert OP healing chem here) in the world isn't going to solve your broken bones and ruptured organs.
- Increases lethality of fights. I'm in favor of murderboning tots being fucked over as soon as they break a bone, and players carefully considering whether or not they want to get in a fight that could land them in the medbay for 5-10 minutes if the MLG MD main isn't online.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Literally just port baymed with some tweaks.

Post by confused rock » #511595

do you have any fucking idea how much this idea has been a meme for years
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #511600

wyci
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #511608

confused rock wrote:do you have any fucking idea how much this idea has been a meme for years
Telling of how shit our current chem system is that its no longer
[this space reserved]
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #511714

what are people self healing with? EB has a nerf up, vita/nutrients needs to be dosed carefully or u be fatties, ...?

I think people are hung up on chems having a downside on top of the fact it was fullmerged and it needed number tweaking (such as aiuri eye damage) that people just figure to not touch them at all.

As the person who coded the new chems (and you can ask the people who've PRd number tweaks post that), healing is not difficult in most cases IF (!!!) you use your tools properly.

Using tools properly just means using lower doses which means sometimes you need to dilute a chem with water/something so it isn't running needlessly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #511738

not saying I wouldn't like baymed I like it it's closer to lifeweb med then our current system that's for sure
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #511797

You would have to add stats and shit to all the jobs/roles/etc if you wanted it to feel like Lifeweb. Without it, it will feel less like lifeweb and more like you just got shot in the leg ok here's 50k broken bones and you have internal bleeding in your brain stem it will now take 4 days to get out of medbay
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #511825

Cobby wrote:what are people self healing with?
job-specific bar drinks have been working well enough for me, same with non job-specific drinks like bastion bourbon, hearty punch and barefoot
also donk pockets, you don't even need to become fat if you grind them in emergency medbay holodeck and separate the nutriment and vitamins out
if you did become fat organic slurry is cheap to make since maintenance rats are so plentiful these days, you WILL find at least one rat three steps into any maints, no clue when that was added
I like your meds but they are very easy to sidestep at the moment
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #511882

I don't consider that too much of an issue if they're healing is fine compared to ease of access (EB for example is a naughty offender).

People chilling out in hotspots previously left barren seems like an unintended plus.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #512024

i like the new things, it makes it so doctors are usefull, and not just 'grab kit, heal self, profit'. That being said, i really like baymed
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #512140

whats EB?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #512147

earthsblood
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #512152

cobby if you are talking about ghetto healing, 95.5% of the healing comes from white medkits, there are at least 6 white medkits in the halls + the arrivals shuttle medkit which respawns every time someone latejoins and steals it. the other 5% is probably people eating donk pockets
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #512195

it's a waste to use it on low damage tho so yikes