Golemes should inherit ghost quirks

A place to record your ideas for the game.
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Golemes should inherit ghost quirks

Post by OFQ » #513584

Fluff says that goleme inherits personality (but not memories) of the ghost that possessed the shell so it makes no sense that quirks are purged.

If fixed, not only it would be a nice touch that hints at the lore but also it can be a power gamer candy since by seeing golem with a quirks identical(including their order) to the person that you meet before a god level power gamer would be able to make an educated guess that the person have died and won't return. I actually can see xenobio tators using this when they need to know that their target won't be coming back.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Golemes should inherit ghost quirks

Post by deedubya » #514207

So the second half of your suggestion is literally "I can use this to meta someone's static"?

And this is a good idea...why?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #514273

Aside from the obvious, you know, Typo in "Golems" in the title, This suggestion is mainly one which would perpetuate the metagrudge and metabuddy clusterfuck. I'm against it.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #514370

deedubya wrote:So the second half of your suggestion is literally "I can use this to meta someone's static"?

And this is a good idea...why?
It's not meta if it is lore based ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Imagine meeting a golem with an exact personality of someone that you knew. You can make IK assumptions.
Golems are the souls of the dead encased in gemstone. They retain no memories of their previous lives, but retain the cunning, knowledge and personalities of those spirits. They are completely devoted to their creator, and will carry out any order given to them. Typically they are aligned with the station, but in the wrong hands, they can be devastating due to how resistant to damage they are.
It is clear as day that quirks reset is a golememe bug.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #514387

That RP text is just to let you know that golems can know how to do jobs. It's not about literally being the old character.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #514463

we have a stupid ideas thread