Medical addition

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Medical addition

Post by Ghilker » #515180

I followed and did read all of the cobby Chem topic and saw that almost all people complained about the chems non healing toxin damage fast enough or even dealing too much toxic damage.

What if you people add a hemodyalisis machine that you have to be attached to and that will heal from toxins, purges from any other meds and poisons in a fast paced way but will deal oxy loss damage if you don't have enough blood inside you

This way there is another method to heal toxins other than just chems

Also it could be made "ghetto" with some kind of pump and a filtet
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: Medical addition

Post by Kryson » #515184

Ghilker wrote:I followed and did read all of the cobby Chem topic and saw that almost all people complained about the chems non healing toxin damage fast enough
We have the faster toxin healers in the game now than ever.

Thializid(syriniver) can heal up to 5 tox per tick and is almost as reagent efficient as charcoal even when injected with a syringe.

Pent acid heals as fast as it did pre-Cobby.

I have some big issues with Cobbymed, but many of the criticisms people level at it are reflexive and baseless.

I think a dialysis machine might be cool, but with these chems combined with stasis beds means we have the strongest toolkit to deal with toxins of all time.
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #515326

Kryson wrote:
Ghilker wrote:I followed and did read all of the cobby Chem topic and saw that almost all people complained about the chems non healing toxin damage fast enough
We have the faster toxin healers in the game now than ever.

Thializid(syriniver) can heal up to 5 tox per tick and is almost as reagent efficient as charcoal even when injected with a syringe.

Pent acid heals as fast as it did pre-Cobby.

I have some big issues with Cobbymed, but many of the criticisms people level at it are reflexive and baseless.

I think a dialysis machine might be cool, but with these chems combined with stasis beds means we have the strongest toolkit to deal with toxins of all time.
I already entioned this, but since this seems to be a common misconception, I'll respon again.
The rpoblem with toxin is not the toxin healing (That is fine as is), the problem is thaqt all toxin healers are also purging chems; this is extreemly
dangeorus because it means toxin is exclusive treatment to anything else.

If someone comes with toxin AND another type, I can't heal both, because Pentetic and Thia will purge the other chems out. If someone comes with
oxyloss and toxin, I litearlly cannot do anything because both of those are mutually exclusive (Epi and salbutamol would be purged with pent/thia).
When people complain about toxin, they complain that there is no real toxin heal, just toxin + purge; while old anti-toxin was a pure toxin heal.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #515333

Calomel wrote: I already entioned this, but since this seems to be a common misconception, I'll respon again.
The rpoblem with toxin is not the toxin healing (That is fine as is), the problem is thaqt all toxin healers are also purging chems; this is extreemly
dangeorus because it means toxin is exclusive treatment to anything else
[...]When people complain about toxin, they complain that there is no real toxin heal, just toxin + purge; while old anti-toxin was a pure toxin heal.
That is not true, i coded thializid as an anti-toxin replacement, it only purges toxins and i encourage people to mix it with other drugs.
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #515511

Kryson wrote:
That is not true, i coded thializid as an anti-toxin replacement, it only purges toxins and i encourage people to mix it with other drugs.
Ok, I may have been misled by the wiki text for it. I'm gonna do some testing when I get the chance, then get back to you. In any case, if you want
to help its visibility I'd suggest playing as Chemist/CMO yourself and use it, or talk to people who main CMO/Chem about it.

Whenever I see how it goes on-site I'll be back. I suspect the need for toxin (A limited resource unless I hack/Emag stuff) will be the biggest
obstacle for this chemical to be useful (There is an aditional tox bottle on the abandoned clinic, but that's not accessible without an assistant);
I'll have to detemrine if the quantity produced as is will be enough for the average round.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."