Ship Building Gamemode!

A place to record your ideas for the game.
A4Brogan
Byond Username: A4Brogan

Ship Building Gamemode!

Post by A4Brogan » #54856

Okay, for those not in the know, As this typing, we just had an awesome event held, where we were given 33 Minutes to build our own shuttle and escape. Literally every single person got together as one two build the most bitchin' custom shuttle ever.

This got a standing ovation from the players, and we all agreed that, with a bit of tweaking, this could be an awesome gamemode. Everyone with ideas, whether you were in the round or not, Start fleshing out the details!
Rumpelstiltskin3
Byond Username: Rumpelstiltskin3

Re: Ship Building Gamemode!

Post by Rumpelstiltskin3 » #54857

Fuck whoever leaked the plasma. And fuck the detective for not scanning for prints.
Whatup
Gadd

Post by Gadd » #54859

I'd love to see this. Here's an idea, instead of having to be confined to the default shuttle space they should make it bigger on round start to allow more freedom.
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #54860

Rumpelstiltskin3 wrote:And fuck the detective for not scanning for prints.
Fuck you too for not telling me to scan the prints.
Rumpelstiltskin3
Byond Username: Rumpelstiltskin3

Post by Rumpelstiltskin3 » #54861

Earthykiller127 wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin3 wrote:And fuck the detective for not scanning for prints.
Fuck you too for not telling me to scan the prints.
I called you 5 times to the brig and you didn't come.

But anyways, the idea sounds cool, but it has to have some kind of challenge or gimmick, otherwise I'm sure it'll get really boring and repetitive really soon.
Whatup
Peble

Post by Peble » #54880

The event usually seems to be based around whatever the admins feel like doing at the time

i'm not sure how it would work as a game mode
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198043780134.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198043780134]Image[/url]
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #54881

But there is no antagonist. Its just building a ship. It would basically be extended for everyone who doesnt have access to building materials, or a bunch of people abandoning their jobs to help build a shuttle.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #54886

We've already discussed this a bit. It works as an event because we as admins can manipulate several things on the fly to make it work. The announcements from Cencomm give framing and flavor, the engines get sent to cargo because there's no other way to get them on the "shuttle." The mini-events during the 15-20 minute trip are more Admin Magic™ that would be tough to replicate in a way that wouldn't be predictable or unbalancingly unfun (assblasts a shuttle that doesn't meta the threat order etc.)
Alex Crimson wrote:But there is no antagonist. Its just building a ship. It would basically be extended for everyone who doesnt have access to building materials, or a bunch of people abandoning their jobs to help build a shuttle.
The event usually crops up in extended rounds anyway. You don't need an antag because literally everyone on the station is doing something toward the project (that's what makes it a good macro-event.) This even got easier now that the chef can stuff a vending machine with his food instead of needing to load up a table with server crashing piles of food to "do his part." If anything, these events show that there can be rounds where there is no round-antag and things can still move along. Players tend to forget that some of the best rounds are the rounds that don't involve killing everything that moves.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #54918

I wouldn't mind if it was teams so we didn't have 90 people all trying to cram into a space not meant for 90 people and sensitive equipment
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #54942

Or make people create a entire station from scratch. Would be interesting to see what people could come up with, it probably would be a total mess.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #55000

Goonstation has a "Construction Game Mode" where the players start off from a small ship and construct a space station.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #55036

Steelpoint wrote:Goonstation has a "Construction Game Mode" where the players start off from a small ship and construct a space station.
http://wiki.ss13.co/Construction_Game_Mode

It does seem like a lot of fun.