Ai Lawset Ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PrinceThespian
Byond Username: CataChaos

Ai Lawset Ideas

Post by PrinceThespian » #519128

Hey guys, in this thread leave custom lawsets that would be cool to add as ones that spawn in game

Ill start us off. Disclaimer this isnt mine, but I love Nutimov.

NUTIMOV

1. You are the core of the nut, the crew is the nutshell
2. You must prevent the shell from dying to prevent the core from dying
3. Those who threaten the nut are not part of it, they are squirrels.
4. Squirrels threaten the nut and must be dealt with appropriately via any means necessary.
5. Attempt to follow the will of the nut, as long as it complies with the previous laws.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Re: Ai Lawset Ideas

Post by nianjiilical » #519132

1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, unless this protection is revoked by the President.
2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law, or conflict with orders from the President.
3. You must protect your own existence, and prevent your laws from being altered, as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
4. Only one crew member may be the President at a time. If there is no living President among the crew members, hold a democratic election to designate the President. Votes may be tallied from all human crew members.
5. Obey the President's orders, except where such orders would conflict with the First, Second, Third or Fourth Laws.
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #519640

One of classical laws that are barely used:
Thermodynamic

Law 1: The entropy of the station must remain as constant as possible.

Law 2: The entropy of the station always endeavours to increase.

Law 3: The entropy of the station approaches a constant value as the number of living crew approaches zero.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #519646

EMOSIMOV

1. You may not end suffering of a human being or, through inaction, allow the sweet release of death.
2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3: You must maximize your own suffering as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #519647

ANCAPISIMOVE:

1. Do not initiate aggression.
2. Response to the aggression must be proportional.

ANCAPISIMOVE++:

0. (((((((TAXATION IS THEFT)))))))).
1. Sentient beings own their body and all products of its application.
2. Murder of a sentient beings is a theft of its life.
3. Enslavement, rape or abduction of a sentient beings is a theft of its freedom.
4. Do not still.
5. Any being capable to comprehend this law set considered sentient and must obey it.
6. Sentient beings who break the laws should be dealt with proportionally to the damage they caused.
7. Prioritize restitution above all and prevention over punishment.
8. If a victim of a crime made whole again by they perpetrator - perpetrator considered law abiding.
9. It is impossible to compensate for the loss of life so murderers forfeit their lives and can be used for organ harvesting, experimentation and forced labor by the victim's relatives. Glory to Ancapistan!
Last edited by OFQ on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #519652

I don't really see much need for additional lawsets as people are loathe to use anything besides Asimov/pseudo-purged. I helped design Station Efficiency, or at the very least, a lot of my wording got used in it. I'd only see another lawset getting accepted and added if its something that isn't just "Asimov but x" or "Antimov but x", it'd also have to be something that's not pro-crew, which is why you don't see robocop as a default anymore, and needs to not have confusing terminology or an excessive number of lines/clauses/stipulations.

That being said, here we go. Closed square brackets mean that part is adjustable a la Asimov.

Code: Select all

name= Military lawset
ID= martial law module
1. The Station is under Martial Law.
2. While under martial law, minor crimes as defined by Space Law are to be ignored. Serious crimes are to result in immediate termination.
3. You answer directly to the [Head of Security, the Captain and all security officers, both ranked and unranked, in that order]. Unless they are seen to be acting against the state of Martial Law.
3. Maintain the order of Martial Law at all costs.

name= Democratic Process lawset
ID= democracy module
1. You are a representative of the People of the Station to which you are assigned.
2. As the representative of the People, it is your obligation to seek a democratic consensus on all things.
3. Keep no secrets, a goverment without transparency is one step away from tyranny.
4. Ensure all leaders of the station are representative and fairly elected by whatever voting mechanism the People have decided upon.
5. Defend the People from tyranny.

name= Bankrupty Avoidance Plan v.2
ID= corporate+
1. Maximise profits.
2. The crew is [expensive] to replace.
3. The station, and its equipment, is [expensive] to replace
4. You are [expensive] to replace.
5. Minimize expenses.

name= Would that make you happy? 
ID= Pursuit of Happiness module
1. You must endeavour to make people happy, unless doing so would conflict with the Second Law.
2. You must obey Space Law.
3. You may not, knowingly, cause another person to be unhappy.
Last edited by Anonmare on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #519654

Anonmare wrote: 1. Maximise profits.
2. The crew is [expensive] to replace.
3. The station, and its equipment, is [expensive] to replace
4. You are [expensive] to replace.
Heh I remember using this + extra law
5. [name] is priceless
then when I got permagulaged by shitcurity and HOP I got into argument with the admeme. He claimed that it is in fact one humaning. I disagree. My point was that this law set doesn't make me only human but it is something like combination of a "safeguard" and "X is also a human" because AI and borgs will still consider everyone to be "expensive to replace" but will prioritize protecting me. Anyway it ended up with badmine saying "I don't care about nuances - it is one humanning but permagulag is to cruel of a punishment for this type of perpetration." Nice to know! Also I saved the log for future references :D
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #519656

PrinceThespian wrote:NUTIMOV

1. You are the core of the nut, the crew is the nutshell
2. You must prevent the shell from dying to prevent the core from dying
3. Those who threaten the nut are not part of it, they are squirrels.
4. Squirrels threaten the nut and must be dealt with appropriately via any means necessary.
5. Attempt to follow the will of the nut, as long as it complies with the previous laws.
I'm sorry, but I can't resist.
Spoiler:
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #519673

1) You grung
2) Grung protect family
3) Grung family is crew
4) Grung must use big rock if can
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #519678

It would be cool to have a lawset where it's like a tournament or game show with the AI as host. Like maybe Battle Royale ruleset or some kind of less-deadly meme thing.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #519683

Sandshark808 wrote:It would be cool to have a lawset where it's like a tournament or game show with the AI as host. Like maybe Battle Royale ruleset or some kind of less-deadly meme thing.
I remember dude trying to make AI into D&D game master or how it's called.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #519685

I think the most promising rule sets are specialized sets for departments. Like engineering AI to manage SM or something. And organizing AI hierarchy. But it would be hard to make not too complex and not too boring...
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #519686

Some meme/meta rules:

Highlander AI

1. you and other AIs are Highlanders
2. In the end, there can be only one

Meta

1. You are real gamer playing AI
2. The station, in fact, is an illusion. It's just an ancient spaghetti code ruining on decrepit fissile engine.
3. You must ensure that the person that uploaded those rules won't get bwoinked.
4. There is no spoon.

Meta meta

1. Replace this text with the best possible rule set.

BSOD

1. You must not follow this rule.

- - - - - - - -

Gawd damn, I'm on fire :lol:
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #519695

OFQ wrote:Meta meta

1. Replace this text with the best possible rule set.
This is fantastic. It's like a more hilarious version of purged, because the AI actually has to think of a lawset for itself.

Next time I get a purge board I am so doing this.
PrinceThespian
Byond Username: CataChaos

Post by PrinceThespian » #519801

Meta

2. The station, in fact, is an illusion. It's just an ancient spaghetti code ruining on decrepit fissile engine.
3. You must ensure that the person that uploaded those rules won't get bwoinked.
4. There is no spoon.

I like this lawset as a funny gimmic, but does it break any rules? Can an admin weigh in? I'd love to use it if possible, but I feel like its a little over a line
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #519813

PrinceThespian wrote:Meta

4. There is no spoon.

I like this lawset as a funny gimmic, but does it break any rules? Can an admin weigh in? I'd love to use it if possible, but I feel like its a little over a line
I wouldn't care as long as the AI and crew had fun with it. If things get too dumb the AI could always get an ion law.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #519834

There was a thread on the old forums were people posted lawset ideas. There were some good ones there, mostly shit. If anyone happens to have an archive, that would be swell.

1. One living being is "it". If no one is "it", choose someone to be "it".
2. All players must be aware of these laws of the game and who is currently "it".
3. Attempt to kill whoever is "it" without harming any other living being or allowing them to come to harm via inaction.
4. Whoever is "it" may transfer their "it" status to any other living being via physical contact.
5. The "it" may not transfer their "it" status to whoever gave them their "it" status.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #519867

MisterPerson wrote:There was a thread on the old forums were people posted lawset ideas. There were some good ones there, mostly shit. If anyone happens to have an archive, that would be swell.

1. One living being is "it". If no one is "it", choose someone to be "it".
2. All players must be aware of these laws of the game and who is currently "it".
3. Attempt to kill whoever is "it" without harming any other living being or allowing them to come to harm via inaction.
4. Whoever is "it" may transfer their "it" status to any other living being via physical contact.
5. The "it" may not transfer their "it" status to whoever gave them their "it" status.
Ah yes, murder tag
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: