Some borg suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
constatinus
Byond Username: Constatinus

Some borg suggestions

Post by constatinus » #522820

Some slight borg suggestions: make the engineering borg circuit apparatus also hold proximity sensors and stock parts, sometimes you dont have an rped. Give the engineering borg an experimental welder as an upgrade. The mediborg apparatus should be used to pick up and use/stock the fridge with pills and patches as well as the beakers. Give the engiborg a sheet holder, which will allow it to use plasteel and other, and stock machines with those materials. Oh, and. the engiborg circuit manipulation apparatus cant use the item its holding, such as airlock electronics, sometimes needed for some doors lets say the thicc vault ones that you cant build with an rped.
Also, going not only for borgs here, could the rped have an option to dump low level stock parts out of it? Sometimes it gets clutered and you cant fit in any more parts, but picking out one by one is very much impossible as a borg.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Re: Some borg suggestions

Post by zxaber » #523484

constatinus wrote:make the engineering borg circuit apparatus also hold proximity sensors and stock parts, sometimes you dont have an rped.
Making one upgrade do the job of another is a silly idea. Sometimes you don't have an RPED but that's just how it goes.
constatinus wrote:The mediborg apparatus should be used to pick up and use/stock the fridge with pills and patches as well as the beakers.
The pill bottles allow for this, right? It would be simple enough to allow the beaker holder to carry pill bottles too.
constatinus wrote:Give the engiborg a sheet holder, which will allow it to use plasteel and other, and stock machines with those materials.
I had considered replacing the reinforced glass and rods tools with a sheet holder tool on stock engiborgs, allowing them to hold and use any material, and possibly also allow carrying and placing of alternate floor tiles. Ultimately I didn't because people I spoke to told me the rod tool having rods pre-stocked was far too useful to have replaced with a tool that might need to carry other things. I suppose I could replace just the reinforced glass tool, though.
constatinus wrote: Oh, and. the engiborg circuit manipulation apparatus cant use the item its holding, such as airlock electronics, sometimes needed for some doors lets say the thicc vault ones that you cant build with an rped.
The issue with airlock parts is that they call a UI proc that I wasn't expecting when I coded the circuit apparatus. Normal use-in-hand functions do get transferred to the held item for apparatuses, though I can't think of any circuits that actually use such a function.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"