ITT: New Chemistry Reagents we'd like to see

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

ITT: New Chemistry Reagents we'd like to see

Post by Shadowflame909 » #524655

So, I was thinking about how Chemistry is either one of two things. Griefy boom boom central, or the medicinal slave laborer.

The only real chemical I can think of outside of these two would be Colorful reagent, but even then in a few situations, you can piss off the HoS for using it.

So, what are some reagents we'd like to see that are not griefy explosives or just more medicine for them to print out? Something actually fun?

Web Fluid.

Hear me out on this, what if there was a reagent that, maybe could be utilized with a craftable item/ One researched later game in science. Or you could just inject it directly into yourself, which would act as a temporary re-iconed ling tentacle to zip you across the station whenever you grab an item.

Think about it, You're at the Bar on Meta station. You here a cry for help all the way in engineering maint. So you don your Chicken Suit inject yourself with some "Liquid Wire" that, in all cases acts as a chemical grappling hook white tentacle lookalike to propel you from the hallway near captains office to the door of engineering!

I'd say, that's a pretty good chemistry End-Game.
► Show Spoiler
ragevirus
Byond Username: Ragevirus

Re: ITT: New Chemistry Reagents we'd like to see

Post by ragevirus » #524925

Web fluid would be neat. Though I'd rather see it require a craftable web shooter instead of injecting it into yourself for powers.
I've always wanted to see more chems that work by touch. Not just damage but silly shit like spray-on clothing/sunglasses or something. Another idea I've had would be DMSO which, when mixed with other chems would allow them to enter the blood via touch. This is a thing in the irl. But that would probably be mega op in the ss13.
ragevirus
Byond Username: Ragevirus

Post by ragevirus » #525025

Here are some more ideas I came up with last night whilst smoking pot. Sure hope they don't get buried under all the other posts in this thread.

Oculine - change so it requires spray/dropper/splash into eyes to work

Mindwipe - erases chat log proportional to units ingested

Fireworks - looks pretty when ignited, does no damage

Pyrotechnic snake - makes a big ass snake when ignited, length relative to number of units burned

Flame retardant - prevents/inhibits catching on fire. I believe water may do this to an extent but this has the word retard in it which is funny

Water repellent - keeps you from getting wet. Could also protect you from touch based chems

Industrial adhesive - slows when spilled on tile or splashed on spaceman. Possible precursor to web fluid if that ever gets coded which it won't

Anabolic steroids - ghetto hulking. Should require gibs or something

Silly putty - looks like blob when spilled on tiles. Scare your friends!

Homunculus - chemist's version of a golem. Made from a chem instead of material sheets. Can fill liquid containers and inject component chem by slapping people. Probably a terrible idea

Sneezing powder - creates an invisible cloud that causes sneezing. Make people think they're sick and get the viro lynched!

Artificial snow - turns turf into snow when spilled. Maybe you can craft snowballs with it or something. Could also be combined with top hat, carrot, teslium and brain, to create a player controlled snowman

Liquid rage - causes any entity to attack the nearest creature. Because I've always wanted to make an illicit monkeyfighting pit but you can't get them to attack each other

Naphthalene - highly toxic to moths. Possibly a precursor to one of my other shitty ideas
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #525036

ragevirus wrote:
Mindwipe - erases chat log proportional to units ingested

Water repellent - keeps you from getting wet. Could also protect you from touch based chems

Silly putty - looks like blob when spilled on tiles. Scare your friends!
Personal opinion the top 3 from your list have me excited.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.