Jukebox for the bar

A place to record your ideas for the game.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Jukebox for the bar

Post by BONERMASTER » #529358

We already have the disco ball, the roulette wheel, the last thing missing is a jukebox. And a billiard table too, actually. We can collect some midi-suggestions from the community, have them be uploaded to the server, and then accessible through the jukebox. It costs credits to play songs, limit the queue to 1-5 songs so bad people don't run into it and hit the same song over 150 times. Have the sound be emitted in 2 stages, one in full strength when the player is close to it, the other turned down when behind a wall or further away from it, so the magic of the jukebox can be used to lure people into the bar and trick them into having fun.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Jukebox for the bar

Post by Shadowflame909 » #529361

BONERMASTER wrote: limit the queue to 1-5 songs so bad people don't run into it and hit the same song over 150 times.
WHATS NEW PUSSY CAT WOAH, WOAH
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #529370

downloading midi's causes lag, uses bandwidth and is buggy, which is why the jukebox was cut in thefirst place
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #529373

This would put musicians out of a job
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #529395

oranges wrote:downloading midi's causes lag, uses bandwidth and is buggy, which is why the jukebox was cut in thefirst place
oranges is right in this instance
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #530324

oranges wrote:downloading midi's causes lag, uses bandwidth and is buggy, which is why the jukebox was cut in thefirst place
Admins jukeboxing via admin commands doesn't seem to cause a major amount of lag past an initial half a second hiccup. Can't that code be recycled?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.