Odysseus ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
TITANOID123
Byond Username: TITANOID123

Odysseus ideas.

Post by TITANOID123 » #530258

Compared to the other mechs, the odysseus has always seemed just a bit barebones. Not to an incredible degree mind you, but, its function is already niche as it is. I have a few ideas to possibly help alleviate this.

1. Equip it with (posssibly shitty) thrusters by default. It seems to already be an agile search and rescue mech, so why not indulge that and let it have innate thrusters. obviously not on par with the upgrade ones, either using extra air, or using additional battery power alongside air.

2. Teired equipment/new equipment. My ideas here are more barebones. The teir two mounted sleeper would be able to inject more and with more precise amounts, the teir two syringe gun would be able to load specific amounts of chems, have greater chem storage, and possibly synhesise syringes. I dont give a shit about the medbeam gun so im skipping it. A far more... interesting idea would be an integrated smoke machine for TOTALLY not deadly chemical application. It would draw from the syringe gun's internal chem supply, and simply dump it all into the air as smoke, or simply let it react inside itself. Maybe as well, a second teir one to choose ratios, allowing for more precise mixes.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Re: Odysseus ideas.

Post by zxaber » #530688

The Odysseus is already the only source of a crew-created medibeam, which is rather powerful even more-so now that we're on cobbychems.

If you're doing search and rescue in the Ody, you could probably just drop the syringe gun for the thrusters. While admittedly I don't have a lot of experience with chems, the syringe gun seems to be mostly a meme/fun tool (infinite meth, or strange elixir) than something really necessary for keeping people alive. Especially when, again, you can just use the medibeam to heal most injuries.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #532936

The syrigne gun should've always been able to regen its own syringes, the ballistic weapons never needed to be loaded like the syringes did.

I dislike the medbeam, it invalidates every other piece of medical equipment by its mere existence.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #533298

I should make the syringe gun use ammo like the other ballistics guns. Give it a proper magazine and storage cache, loadable from a syringe ammo box printable at the medical autolathe for a bunch of glass.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"