Photo in security records

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Feretal
Byond Username: Feretal

Re: Photo in security records

Post by Feretal » #58307

If people were to use the records more often this would be great.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #58354

Hm, I'll look into porting it. Should I make it available through HUDs? Seems totally possible (photo being shown on the glass), also I don't think it would be used often otherwise. Updating photos would only be possible via consoles.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #59329

It'll be pretty cool. How big are the photos? Whole body or just the mugshot? Because whole body photos would be awesome.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #59351

Well, it's basically the icon you see in the preferences in the lobby. It's actually in the records already, the one that AI uses for holograms of the crew.

The thing is is, the way they are all constructed is commented as horrendous and godawful everywhere in the code, so there's that.
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #60212

Have the photos have to be put in manually. Could be a good use of detective, and would allow you to track down people known to be in a disguise, or a specific disguise.
Orris
Byond Username: Orris

Post by Orris » #60556

There is some way the code allows taking a snapshot of the blueprints with the camera (Even under a stack in his locker) and having it give the same greentext as stealing the blueprints. Could this somehow be utilized? Having the Detective sneaking around making dossiers of suspish crewmen would be so awesome.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #60820

Well, on bay there are roundstart photos and then you can also update them manually just by inserting regular in-game photos.

By the way, I'm not really working on it right now. Kinda busy with other stuff. I'll do it later if nobody else will.

EDIT: So I said that and went ahead and did the thing. Security records console seems to be working properly, I'll do medical and HUDs tomorrow.

Here's PR