Add Psychologist job

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Add Psychologist job

Post by Agux909 » #536264

Might've been discussed before but I feel like now that Manuel exists there's more reason than ever, and it could give players some potentially good RP scenarios and interactions with the crew. Other servers even being LRP have the job and I see no reason for /tg/ not having it.

Aside global interactions in a round, players that RP a certain character with consistency, specific quirks and behavior between rounds, have built a reputation and feel like they have an obligation for continuity with them, can have a real IC reason to tweak the personality in the round if they want to. Or maybe a doctor after tending them and seeing they have erratic or violent behavior advises them to go have some therapy. There is a lot of potential within the role and it would be definitely interesting to see how it plays out.

Maybe there can also be an added mechanic to it. Like spending certain amount of time in the psychologist office while they're present affects your mood positively or even counteracts certain traits temporarily. Other roles like psichiatrist could also be added with other specific mechanics, maybe even being able to counteract certain traumas.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it would make for an interesting job right now, or is this a bad idea?

ragevirus
Byond Username: Ragevirus

Re: Add Psychologist job

Post by ragevirus » #536272

Edge working on something along these lines:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/48403
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #536279

Very interesting! I like it. Maybe this thread can instead serve as the forum place to discuss, add and critique the points made on that PR.

Mechanics are obviously far more interesting and complex than what I had in mind. My approach to the idea was more from an RP side, but having it balanced between concrete gameplay consequences and RP, heck yeah.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #536288

i thought it was the chaplain and the clown and mime's job to help people with their brain
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #536308

Crag is correct.