Antag Versus Antag Incentives (Dynamic Mode expected)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Antag Versus Antag Incentives (Dynamic Mode expected)

Post by Shadowflame909 » #536708

My first and currently only Idea:

Holoparasite evolution.

Goals of this buff.

1. Promote paranoia within the antagonists.

2. More reason to bring ghost roles into the game.

3. Making power a gamble.

The requisites for holoparasite evolution would be two things.

1. Have the matching holoparasite.

2. Bring a certain antagonist to 0 health: Optional effect attached here.

First evolution: ..And draw the Wizard, bringer of endless chaos! This holoparasite would have to bring a wizard's health down to 0 and be stopped with time stop.

This would translate into evolving the stand. Weakening its defensive armor, but giving a traitor the time stop spell.

This would have caveats though. Since the holoparasite doesn't drain from any magical energy but the nutrients in the human body. Every time the player uses the time- stop spell. They'd take 30 stamina damage, and 10 heart damage. So it's best to give yourself a chance to cool down.

Also, it'd make it quite obvious who'd be using the time stop spell. As activation makes you shout "(STAND NAME) TIME RUPTURE!"

This is all canon by the way.

Second Evolution:..And draw the Hunter, an alien master of rapid assault. This holoparasite evolves when it brings a Blobs health from 300 down to 0.

By itself. Meaning you'd have to solo an entire blob.

If you can dish out 300 damage to the Blobs core and kill it. Meaning, last touch would also have to be you. Your holoparasite will evolve into a very weak stand while alive. But death-defying upon your death. Your stand gains negative armor, and very very weak damage. if you end up dying while it is manifested. It'll stay manifested and become parasitic in nature, doing cloning damage to others, and once a threshold of 500 cloning damage is reached. Effectively five bodies, it'll bring you back and go back to its negative armor useless state.

How will this be balanced? Outside of the hard "Solo Blob Dark-Souls permadeath" objective. The stand will have to murderize 5 people while blind. Since dead people can't see. It's increased speed to carp status and attack will greatly make up for this though.

All in All. It's a second chance that is rewarded to those with a lot of heart. With it only being able to do cloning damage and not anything physical. Containment shouldn't be more than slightly difficult. Provided you're good at trapping blind players.

That's it for right now.

Thoughts on what I'm trying to incentivize, and the potential balance changing gains that would come from this?
► Show Spoiler
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Re: Antag Versus Antag Incentives (Dynamic Mode expected)

Post by EOBGames » #536711

OK, the idea of antag versus antag sounds good to me- incentivising conflict between antags could certainly be a good idea, though I really don't know how you'd go about doing it. But the holoparasite idea sounds absolutely impossible to actually pull off. As for the first idea, wizards are an exceptionally rare spawn, even on dynamic, so the number of rounds where the first evolution would occur would be ridiculously small. And the second would almost certainly never happen- for one, it would require soloing a blob, something which won't happen, given that blobs are called out over comms. And even if you could get to the blob on your own, you'd almost certainly be killed by the horde of crewmembers who show up to fight it, and find an obvious traitor there with their holoparasite. If you were going to add a holoparasite evolution system (something which I'm not convinced the game needs) you'd need to make objectives that would actually be feasible to accomplish.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #536715

Hard tasks to make you stronger.

It's an incentive, but I don't want it to be a goal y'know so that sounds perfect. Just something for antags to keep in mind.
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #536725

Holoparasites are some of the shittiest antagonist content we have, they are the least deserving of additional content.

Also this is pointless bc none of this will ever happen so like what?? This stuff is so niche it won't be worth the code space it takes up.

Beyond that, antag vs antag incentives are pretty much always bad (from crew perspective), which seems counter-intuitive. In the case of lings and hiveminds, the most robust players pretty easily take down fellow antags, and just become way stronger because of it. Having less antags doesn't do shit because now the weaker/passive antags have been rooted out, with the aggressive ones gaining more power.

Also fuck references
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #537227

Could make it to where you can "reclaim" other traitor's uplinks to get a small amount of TC + any TC they didn't spend in some way. Maybe make it a TC purchase so there's a cost to doing it but it's existence alone promotes paranoia between traitors.
Although nothing like that will go through right now because antag freeze
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #537232

Which anime did you rip that from?

Also remove Holoparasites.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #537246

yeah grossly uninspired
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #537259

itd be hard to do without making metagming easier but something as simple as increasing the chances for a traitor/wizard/changeling to have "steal the nuke disk" in a round with ops would be something
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #537308

make it so you have to kill the other guy
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #537340

What if antags got a sword that when used to kill another antag beheads them and steals their power. Making all the stations light flicker and shit. Man that would be so epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpbvtSQvgWM
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Just kidding.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #537456

new changeling ability: eating a wizard/nightmare/other antag gives you their powers

new wizard spell: steal the knowledge from a dead body and gain all their antag powers

new traitor item: a bendy straw that you stick in someones head and suck out all their powers
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler: