Sec should spawn with Sec toolbelt

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Sec should spawn with Sec toolbelt

Post by Aeri » #538806

...Should I even really have to explain this?

I feel like the whole tacticool belt that holds the sec essentials should be standard. Either you get one of the four that spawns in security lockups or you pray you can find one later.
OR you're just y'know fucked. Plenty of other jobs spawn with their job-appropriate belt (Which, for some reason, can only hold items of its class, but whatever)
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Sec should spawn with Sec toolbelt

Post by wesoda25 » #538810

Resource management I guess
Aeri

Post by Aeri » #538816

wesoda25 wrote:Resource management I guess

Cool I guess all the other departments should have the privilege of divvying up four toolbelts that spawn scattered around a couple lockers too then right?
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #538899

Aeri wrote:

Cool I guess all the other departments should have the privilege of divvying up four toolbelts that spawn scattered around a couple lockers too then right?
insuls are a limited resource for engineering so sure
Aeri

Post by Aeri » #538929

wesoda25 wrote:
Aeri wrote:

insuls are a limited resource for engineering so sure

Generally speaking there are plenty of insuls for anyone who needs them in engie. This isn't always the case with Sec depending on the map

Engie tends to have the benefit of

- one in the CE's office
- 2-3 on tables
- one or two in electrical lockers, map dependant
- 2-3 more for the vending machines
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #538934

it's a guaranteed one toolbelt per locker and more lockers appear (up to a generous cap) if sec is large
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #539356

What’s the point of more lockers if the point is to not give them roundstart lol...

IE Engineering doesn’t start with tools but gets more lockers with toolboxes in them because...?

Only thing I can think of is so that someone could steal, but they can’t steal if you’re pulling it out as soon as the round starts because it’s needed for your job.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Aeri

Post by Aeri » #542613

Cobby wrote:What’s the point of more lockers if the point is to not give them roundstart lol...

IE Engineering doesn’t start with tools but gets more lockers with toolboxes in them because...?

Only thing I can think of is so that someone could steal, but they can’t steal if you’re pulling it out as soon as the round starts because it’s needed for your job.

Engineering *does* start with tools, I literally spawn wearing a toolbelt .-.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #542666

make toolbets in botany then they are cheap as shit to make
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #542671

sec belt is overrated, if you dont have an e bola build you just need baton on belt slot for shift e and bag always open for flashbangs cuffs flash etc
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #542673

Remember when sec.spawned with belts and engies spawned with insuls but SOS removed them?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #542714

Aeri wrote:
Cobby wrote:What’s the point of more lockers if the point is to not give them roundstart lol...

Engineering *does* start with tools, I literally spawn wearing a toolbelt .-.
I was trying to apply the sec logic to another job, and agree it doesn't make sense (IE meaning in example). Would it make sense for an engineer to lose their tools roundstart but provide them with extra lockers? No
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current