plating removal

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

plating removal

Post by Ghilker » #542216

Please make the removing of the plating easyer, the only way for now is by using the RCD but that cost a huge amount of resources, it uses a full stack of metal/glass mats to remove just 4 tiles, while you can make at least 50 floors with that same mat.

So i'm suggesting either the addition of a RCD free way to remove plating (but not as slow as removing r-walls) or the addition of an RCD upgrade that allows it to use far far less resources when removing platings
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: plating removal

Post by XDTM » #542221

Being able to make holes in space anywhere is a really strong ability, which is why it's restricted to a fairly job-specific tool, and still expensive when using it.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #542226

yeah but remember that making holes as a non-antag is forbidden (with malicious intent of course), but still is a chore as an engi trying to create something. And if it's made as a RCD upgrade is still job-specific tool
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #542231

single tanks controlled detonation? clf3 ? thermite on floor (i think its supposed to work on it but not too sure)?
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #542236

bombs work fine idk what the problem is just blow up the floor and repair it afterwards, one tile destrution grenade doesn't blow up too much for repairs to be a very big issue the only problem may be piping and cabling but that isn't too difficult; the resource requirements are low enough and such grenades are easy to carry around
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #542237

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:single tanks controlled detonation? clf3 ? thermite on floor (i think its supposed to work on it but not too sure)?
Flatulent wrote:bombs work fine idk what the problem is just blow up the floor and repair it afterwards, one tile destrution grenade doesn't blow up too much for repairs to be a very big issue the only problem may be piping and cabling but that isn't too difficult; the resource requirements are low enough and such grenades are easy to carry around
Well have you tryed using bombs to remove a lot of plating from the SM flooring? i dont think is a good idea, also who in the right mind would use bombs to remove a floor? making bombs is not an easy task, and messing up even one preparation will have dire consequences.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #542238

well if you could crowbar out plating that'd completely fuck malf AI and plasmaflooders in general so plating removal should be hard and expensive

if you want to stop sm delam you only need to remove one plating, removing all four isn't a nessesity I think
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #542239

then use clf3 on mop
Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #542244

i agree that plating should be hard and expensive, but it's too much expensive right now, like i said a full 50 mats of glass or metal allows you to remove 4.5 tiles and for massive projects that require you to remove those platings it's a lot of materials.

I'm not talking about removing one tile from the SM room to stop it from delam (thing that should instead make it worse).
I'm talking of a big job like this https://i.imgur.com/8QPij4m.jpg
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #542255

You do have a point, it makes megaprojects kinda hard. Maybe the cost could be lowered for platings already adjacent to space, so once you do the first the rest is cheap?
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #542283

Give ability to one of CE's tools.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #542287

I like XDTM's idea. The pressure difference would make it harder to destroy (I guess).
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: