Atmos additions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Atmos additions

Post by Ghilker » #542554

There are two things that atmos needs:
1) A "pressure valve": a directional valve where you can set a maximum pressure from the input and it won't let gases through untill the input side reaches that pressure (like the valve of a pressure cooker)
2) A "gas splitter": similar to the gas mixer but instead of 2 input 1 output it gets 1 input 2 output where the same gas is splitted by a percentage
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Re: Atmos additions

Post by CDranzer » #542712

Decent enough ideas, but I'm curious as to what your use cases are
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #542717

The first one could be used for fine tuning SM pressure
no clue why would you use the splitter tho
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #542723

The second one could also be used as a fine tuner, like a plasma SM where you setup that 30% of the plasma produced goes to waste and the rest goes back to the SM.
There maybe other cases like some "logic" gate systems that works in synergy with the pressure valve and the other kind of atmos devices, but having the tool to make experiments is easier to imagine stuff than just having imagination
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #542740

Gas mixers are Atmos and gates. If we get an Atmos inverter we have NAND gates and anything is possible.