Detective should have undercover items

A place to record your ideas for the game.
chesquatt
Byond Username: CheSquatt

Detective should have undercover items

Post by chesquatt » #59232

I think the detective should start with a clothing vending machine in their office, maybe even a changing room. Immersion and all that. Maybe even start with 2 ID's, detective and assistant. If there are other items people can think of that could be put in the detective's office to make it easier for them to be sneaky snakes, you know, post it.
Chopin's Op. 9 No. 2
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Detective should have undercover items

Post by paprika » #59234

The locker room exists for a reason
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #59236

Or you know, they could just get a fake id and clothes the same way everyone else does.
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #59388

Fuck undercover items give detective space carp repellant.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #59432

My only suggestion is a way for the Detective to hide his Loyalty Implant from anyone who themselves is not loyally implanted.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #59441

i'm p sure loyalty implants are already hidden from those not implanted
ie. a non-implanted person has no idea if the detective (or disguised detective) is implanted or not without being told

(may have misread the comment entirely but yeah!!!!!!!)
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #59454

420weedscopes wrote:i'm p sure loyalty implants are already hidden from those not implanted
ie. a non-implanted person has no idea if the detective (or disguised detective) is implanted or not without being told

(may have misread the comment entirely but yeah!!!!!!!)
This is not the case. The only way to see implants is via sec hud glasses or visors.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #59561

What I mean is that if a non-loyally implanted person takes a Sechud, then they would not be able to see the Detective's implant.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #59586

Undercover Loyalty Implant and a voice changer or something?
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #59588

undercover implant: Toggleable voice changer, functions as a loyalty implant that only shows in the records. Detective starts with an injector in his locker, another is in the armory. He doesn't HAVE to be an undercover cop, but he can be, posing as an assistant.

Undercover ID: spare ID given to detective, functions similar to the agent ID without the permission stealing power, letting him choose a new name and job.
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #59593

Snakebutt wrote:undercover implant: Toggleable voice changer, functions as a loyalty implant that only shows in the records. Detective starts with an injector in his locker, another is in the armory. He doesn't HAVE to be an undercover cop, but he can be, posing as an assistant.

Undercover ID: spare ID given to detective, functions similar to the agent ID without the permission stealing power, letting him choose a new name and job.
Add onto this a special pda that lets you store your fake ID and detective ID inside. It always shows the name and job of the fake ID while allowing you the access from the detective ID.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #59620

I think that's called a wallet.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #59622

soulgamer wrote:
Snakebutt wrote:undercover implant: Toggleable voice changer, functions as a loyalty implant that only shows in the records. Detective starts with an injector in his locker, another is in the armory. He doesn't HAVE to be an undercover cop, but he can be, posing as an assistant.

Add onto this a special pda that lets you store your fake ID and detective ID inside. It always shows the name and job of the fake ID while allowing you the access from the detective ID.
imo, if you're going undercover, you're going to need command to know who you are and what you're doing so they can easily identify you. Having to go through HoP for access is a good foil, as it is possible HoP is rogue, and will leak your credentials, just like real undercover work. The ID starts with Maint and basic Sec access, should you need to make a getaway.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #60019

let's give the detective a ~magic disguise power~ that randomizes his look and clothes for like a minute
make it act like this: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Assassin%2 ... s#Disguise
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #60080

Sometimes if I get an assistant that wants to be sec, I'll let them be an undercover officer. They get a loyalty implant, a lethal chem implant, a sec heaset, instructions to never directly engage criminals unless their life in danger, limited sec access, and a taser for self defense. It hasn't backfired yet and it's gotten me useful intel. I don't know if the detective should double as an undercover officer, but undercover officers definitely have value.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #60085

Steelpoint wrote:What I mean is that if a non-loyally implanted person takes a Sechud, then they would not be able to see the Detective's implant.
If the warden is being attentive no one without an implant should be getting those in the first place.
/vg/station Head Admin
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60438

Like the warden has any control whatsoever over sechuds. He doesnt even have spares.

PLACES TO GET SECHUDS:
1) cargo
2) arrivals office
3) sec lockers in the brig
4) sec officers
5) shitty HOPs
6)The HOS
7)The warden
8) science after 10 minutes
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕