Remove Hierophant

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Omni
Byond Username: Omni44

Remove Hierophant

Post by Omni » #542887

I am aware that this will be probably called anti-fun (which it is)/Ided (which it isn't) PR idea, but it has to be said.
While mining as a whole probably needs a rework and it's been discussed for longest time, it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon, which I think calls for changes like this.
It's hillariously easy boss for how powerful reward it provides, which works both for mining, combat and as it's teleport system, turning that one miner to acquire it first demi-God, and miners even without it pack shitton of great tools for either of these. It can and is easily speedrun in few minutes by anyone half proficient at mining and is one of these staple robust gamer tools, and it's nowhere near hard enough compared to Legion/Ashdragon/Bubblegum/King Goat/Colossus rewards from which are ironically less sought than hieroclub.
I think it'd be wise decision to disable it, at least until either it or whole mining sees some rebalance.
Last edited by Omni on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: Remove Hierophant

Post by Flatulent » #542889

nerf hiero club in pressurized areas and we gucci
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #542891

Hiero Club doesn't do much damage.
► Show Spoiler
Omni
Byond Username: Omni44

Post by Omni » #542892

How do you nerf it exactly? It doesn't deal huge damage even, but its attacks cover huge areas instantly, have low cooldown, one attack is homing target for quite a long time, and there's teleport function on top of that. And there's barely and downside to it other than possible friendly fire.
It doesn't solve the issue ebcause even on lavaland it's incredibly good weapon, basically end-game grade equipment available to any half robust miner within first 5-10 minutes of shifttime. It's still huge edge over other miners.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #542893

throw bombs at the problem
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #542907

so make heiro harder to beat
[this space reserved]
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #542910

Either make it have more health than the other bosses, raise the cooldown on its attacks in club form, or make it loose its ability to attack after a set amount of attacks when off the lavalaland z-level. Removal isnt the way to go.
Edit: This is coming from someone who has taken the time to master killing the most of the megafauna with ONLY CRUSHER and WITHOUT the powerful barrier attachment from this boss.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #544121

ok I cant code for ice moon right now because some fucker messed up cave generation so ill make this boss harder yw

the club is too op for mining and the boss dies in 2 seconds is the tl;dr of this btw

lol jk cave gen is fixed bye
retired ss13 coderman
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #544122

Spoiler:
Omni wrote:I am aware that this will be probably called anti-fun (which it is)/Ided (which it isn't) PR idea, but it has to be said.
While mining as a whole probably needs a rework and it's been discussed for longest time, it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon, which I think calls for changes like this.
It's hillariously easy boss for how powerful reward it provides, which works both for mining, combat and as it's teleport system, turning that one miner to acquire it first demi-God, and miners even without it pack shitton of great tools for either of these. It can and is easily speedrun in few minutes by anyone half proficient at mining and is one of these staple robust gamer tools, and it's nowhere near hard enough compared to Legion/Ashdragon/Bubblegum/King Goat/Colossus rewards from which are ironically less sought than hieroclub.
I think it'd be wise decision to disable it, at least until either it or whole mining sees some rebalance.
A buff wouldn't be bad but removal is a shitty idea, shame on you.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #544157

isn't a buff as easy as lowering attack cooldown?
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #544383

wyci
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #544386

Not really, while Heiro club is good, it's not OP for miners.
Advanced plasma cutters are way faster and allow you to move diagonally.
You can't put the club in your backpack or on your belt.
Damage is mostly for show and attacks easily dodged.
Teleport is one way to a single beacon, you can't set up multiple beacons to create a network like Fultons can. Teleport also is slower than red/blue cubes and the teleport can be interrupted pretty easily.

And getting it quickly is questionable, you have to reach the arena first, which is RNG dependent. You might be able to start fighting the heiro within 2 minutes because it spawned next to the mining base. Though it might take 15 minutes because it spawned in the Northeast corner and there are practically no mining tunnels and a lava path blocks your way.

Anyways, the only people this will really affect BALANCE wise are people who like playing Ash Walkers, Free Golems, and Lizards.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #544409

Honest to god, if you want to make this boss harder, all you have to do is rework his teleport spam attack. It leaves him completely open and lets you rack up insane amounts of damage because Hiero is a brainlet.